Battle of Brittain - Ross County vs St Johnstone

Yes.

I take it the fact we just got pumped 4-0 the week before doesn't register with people. And the complete lack of confidence away from home

Before today, County had lost more home league games than St Johnstone had away games.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Results don't show the whole picture." "Recent results don't mean anything." And "our away record coming into this was awful." In the same post? Jesus Christ, I'm out.

County have been playing fairly well and losing out by the odd goal. We've been awful and varied between getting completely hammered and shitfesting draws. Performance over results

Before today, County had lost more home league games than St Johnstone had away games.

Look above

My quote was something along the lines of "When we click we're easily one of the strongest sides in the league". I'll let you read it again and then try another approach at this random attempt at "trolling" me, whatever the reason behind it I hope you get over them soon, as you're no use at it and it makes you more tedious than usual

we're easily one of the strongest sides in this league, especially at home.

That is what you said, absolutely nothing there to do with us clicking.

I'm not trying to troll you, I'm simply saying you're wrong in thinking we are one of the best sides in the league - because we aren't, and todays result proves this.

That is what you said, absolutely nothing there to do with us clicking.

I'm not trying to troll you, I'm simply saying you're wrong in thinking we are one of the best sides in the league - because we aren't, and todays result proves this.

I was sure I had said it was when we clicked, regardless of this I still believe we are one of the best sides when we get going.

For what its worth we're likely struggling due to the MacLean injury more than the tactics themselves. Hes an integral part of how we play and without him we look far too direct and clumsy (if thats the right word)

A few people on WAP saying there was St Johnstone fans spitting on Richard Brittain today. Vile if true, although not at all surprising these days

Defensively, I think a clean sheet on Saturday should be the target. 1-0 County. Optimistic, but achievable, and it would do wonders for confidence at home - we need to turn Dingwall into a fortress again!

Good stuff. Solid defending from both sides, neither keeper really threatened. Had 0-0 written all over it until they switched off at the end there, credit to De Leeuw for his part in the goal.

Thought Stevie May had a very quiet game. Of the two, Hasselbaink looked much more lively and threatened us on the counter several times. MacLean was great today, thoroughly deserved his motm.

Great to hear the stadium erupt with positive noise for Richie when he was taking that corner right in front of their fans, getting all sorts of abuse thrown at him.

No worries, think it was:

Fraser

Gordon (RB) Boyd MacLean Iko (LB)

Brittain (RM) Ketts Carey Cooper (LM)

Slew Glen

Then De Leeuw subbed in for Glen, likely to play in behind Slew.

Then Tiders on for Slew.... assuming Tidser into CM with De Leeuw playing as striker.

Who then mugged Frazer Wright and squared it for Carey :-)

Seems everyone played well, with MacLean getting MoM!! Not been a fan of his, but that's great news. Radio full of praise for him and Boyd all game, particularly Boyd's handling of May. Lot of promising signs today, including Cooper and Glen.

Aye, Partick game and league table both looking more attractive now.

Makes a bit more sense. The way others had been talking pre-match made me think it was maybe Cooper on the right with Ketts RB and Gordon LM, which seems quite experimental.

Didn't see either side as particularly strong favourites for this one, but I'd probably have been happy enough with a point beforehand. The Saintees recent form has been poor, but notwithstanding that, if we hadn't won on Wednesday there's no doubt they'd have been backed by plenty. Who cares though, three points for us. Hurrah!

A great three points for us, and two wins on the spin will give great confidence going into next week's game against Partick. Oikonomou is such a good player.

To the saintees fan that spat on Richard brittain you're an absolute disgrace to a largely well liked club. Yes he didn't want to move to you in the summer but to be reduced to criminal behaviour because of this is shocking.

Archived