Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Rebel Wilson. Who has decided that this fat unfunny c**t is somehow the latest great new thing? It's a female George Dawes ffs.

No idea who that was!

Then the fat munter was on Graham Norton last night.

Awful just awful! ( and Nortons not much better )

Billy Connolly is on this morning's episode of Columbo.

How am I only now finding out that he was in this? Brilliant!

Not the greatest episode (though the later one's did dip in form in general) but it's an episode I really enjoy. Connolly is good in it and you get a good amount of giggles. I bet the two of them had a great laugh filming it.

I think I'd been assuming Rebel Wilson was related to Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys in some way, and that was how she was famous (a la Wilson Phillips).

Apparently not, so I'm lost. Maybe she's just really, really nice? :unsure2:

I think I'd been assuming Rebel Wilson was related to Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys in some way, and that was how she was famous (a la Wilson Phillips).

Apparently not, so I'm lost. Maybe she's just really, really nice? :unsure2:

His daughter Carnie is fond of the pies, an easy mistake to make.

I hope this post is a piss take.

Nah, she was legit funny in those 3 things I've mentioned. Haven't seen her in other stuff but based off that I'd say she's dece.

Maybe you just need to be #dece to appreciate her comedy stylings.

Was she any good in Bridesmaids? I know I've seen it, but seem to have blanked it out.

I refuse to watch Bridesmaids as I could tell from the trailer that I wouldn't enjoy it. A sound strategy.

Maybe you just need to be #dece to appreciate her comedy stylings.

Was she any good in Bridesmaids? I know I've seen it, but seem to have blanked it out.

I didn't even realise she was in Bridesmaids until I saw her on Graham Norton last week. She played the room mate and was in a few scenes. Think she was alright.

Quite liked her in Pitch Perfect but she plays the exact same character in every film she's in. Even on Graham Norton she was basically just her Pitch Perfect character I thought.

I was thinking she must have fairly cruel parents, but apparently Rebel is a name she made up for herself. Referring to yourself as a rebel is a pretty decent sign of arseholity, I'd have thought.

I was thinking she must have fairly cruel parents, but apparently Rebel is a name she made up for herself. Referring to yourself as a rebel is a pretty decent sign of arseholity, I'd have thought.

Now, quite obviously as I am not a "herself" I did actually try to do something similar in my younger and (even more) desperate days. It was in the hey day of "ances with Wolves" so I claimed to some lassie I had a Cherokee name of (and I looked it up) "Hung like a stallion". Unfortunately the more exact "translation" (or more literal" turned out to be "hung like a gelding". Suffice to say I didn't get laid :shutup

Anybody else been watching The Great British Benefits Handout on Channel 5?

Summary - 3 families are given £26k (max family benefits for a year) to sign off the dole and try and sort their lives out.

So far we've had -

• One blew most of their money on animals for a party business - highlight being a racoon
  • One family immediately getting their son a PS4 - giving him £600 to complete this purchase. Since then they tried to start their own 2nd hand furniture shop but didn't fully appreciate how long a lease they'd need to sign. Now they've bought a van which apparently will open many doors.
  • The last one is a single mother who has been alright with the money so far. Other than buying all her friends and family dinner and having a birthday party she's been pretty dull. Has applied for 3 jobs

It's interesting to see how little these people understand bills. One guy actually phoned up one of the shows 'experts' to ask if his council tax bill sounded a bit high! He'd been on the dole for about 25 years and never had proper bills to deal with.

I gave up on these programmes when Channel 5 stopped disingenuously pretending it was doing a "benefits season" of one-off shows about benefits and just out-and-out became "Benefits Channel" - a channel dedicated year-round to suggesting that people on benefits are scrounging scumbags.

Now, quite obviously as I am not a "herself" I did actually try to do something similar in my younger and (even more) desperate days. It was in the hey day of "ances with Wolves" so I claimed to some lassie I had a Cherokee name of (and I looked it up) "Hung like a stallion". Unfortunately the more exact "translation" (or more literal" turned out to be "hung like a gelding". Suffice to say I didn't get laid :shutup

Silly rabbit; it might have worked better if you'd tried it with lassies outside the Native American community :rolleyes: