Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

The apologists that tell you that "it's hilarious" and "just a bit of fun". They're the fucking problem here.

That pretty much goes for any of that warm diarrhea that passes for TV now mind you.

This, so much this.

Just watched through the first season of Fear the Walking Dead. Was interested to see where it was going, but it just turned into a regular series of the main show by episode three. Utterly pointless, and I couldn't have cared less about any of the characters either.

Anyone know if the second season is any more interesting, or is it the same old guff?

Just watched through the first season of Fear the Walking Dead. Was interested to see where it was going, but it just turned into a regular series of the main show by episode three. Utterly pointless, and I couldn't have cared less about any of the characters either.

Anyone know if the second season is any more interesting, or is it the same old guff?

Second season begins in a week or so both here and in the US. I loved the concept of it, the actual depiction of the crumbling of society as the zombie plague broke out; but the characters really were just flat. The only interesting ones I recall were the slick black conman and the doctor (RIP).

Watched Maigret last night ,had high hopes as it had Rowan Atkinson as the lead, ended up as utter guff, completly flat from him, and the actual story was dull, real dissapointment.

I quite liked it (mainly for the scenery, probably), but Atkinson did seem stiff in the role. I dunno if the character from the books is like that, but I got the impression he was trying not to smile or laugh at all, to sell the "I'm not doing comedy here" performance. That just resulted in a humourless character. Still, I watched till the end despite only meaning to see if it was interesting at the start, so it must have done something right.

Second season begins in a week or so both here and in the US. I loved the concept of it, the actual depiction of the crumbling of society as the zombie plague broke out; but the characters really were just flat. The only interesting ones I recall were the slick black conman and the doctor (RIP).

That's what annoyed me about it; they abandoned that almost immediately and got back to the usual trapped survivors routine. Sounded like there might be an interesting show taking place elsewhere, but it was all happening while the characters were hunkered down in a barber's, or playing Monopoly in their own homes.

Considering that it seemed to be finishing the season at roughly the point where the original started, I presume it's just going to be two versions of the same show now. Even though they're at least going to start at sea, I bet they don't even have the balls to include zombie pirates, or zombie-on-shark wrestling contests   :angry:

"What about eating fries without feeling guilty?"

What about turning up for your psychotherapy appointments, you fucking frootloop?

The Beeb has a trailer up for New Top Gear and clearly wants no one to watch it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p03phk70/preview-top-gear-trailer

Alright, no-one else has said it...doesn't this just look like the same show, only with different crash test dummies?   :huh:

Shows like The Big Bang Theory that make out that couples in their mid-20/30s have sex every night.

Maybe it's just me but as much as I like shooting my load I literally could not be bothered with the work involved in doing it every day, and to be honest it would get boring.