Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Enjoyed that - thanks for the heads up. I thought at first it must be a few years old because they interviewed Howard Shore (who did the music for Lord of the Rings) and I thought he had died a while back; turns out I was confusing him with James Horner (Titanic) who got a tribute at the end.

The little tribute at the end was really good. It’s amazing how people can be that creative, looking at a scene from a film and then creating a piece of music in their minds that fits perfectly to it.

My daughter absolutely loves "Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares" and I had never seen it before, watched it with her and I really like it now. Can't believe I've never seen it before.

It's good until you realise that every episode is exactly the same.

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 hours ago, spud131 said:
It's good until you realise that every episode is exactly the same.

Same premise certainly. It's good when they go back to see if they've stuck to it.

It's interesting to read the reality tv revisited reviews and updates, and see how many of them went straight back to what they were doing before he showed up, and are now closed.

As a mad ex wannabe punk type person I'm watching the Sewing Bee, and it turns out punks all used to wear tartan. I think they're getting mixed up with the Bay City Rollers.

Edited by welshbairn

Sat and watched Saturday morning savage after the chelsea game last night. Talking about the day glen hoddle had his heart attack, what it was like being there at that moment. You can see that hoddle thinks he is lucky to still be alive. Fair enough the guys done a CPR course, but when it happens in real life it will be completely different, fair play to him for being able to respond and keep him alive.

Shetland 9pm, Tuesdays on the BBC1, halfway in now and it's not great, some of the acting/dialogue between the main characters is terrible.

In fact some of the lesser players in this have appeared more convincing than the leading actors. :lol:

Are there new writers or producers for this series?

It was never top notch drama, but it was very watchable in the previous series', this latest one is pretty shite at times tbh.

Shetland 9pm, Tuesdays on the BBC1, halfway in now and it's not great, some of the acting/dialogue between the main characters is terrible.
In fact some of the lesser players in this have appeared more convincing than the leading actors. [emoji38]
It was never top notch drama, but it was very watchable in the previous series', this latest one is pretty shite at times tbh.
Looking online at least one of the writers was involved in the last 2 series.

7 hours ago, ajwffc said:
9 hours ago, Silverton End said:
In fact some of the lesser players in this have appeared more convincing than the leading actors. emoji38.png

Looking online at least one of the writers was involved in the last 2 series.

I think also that it shouldn't be stretched to 6 episodes. When TV channels clock something becoming popular or gaining cult following, they flog it to death.

Might be a factor too.

3 or 4 episodes max.

Edited by Silverton End

Storyville....Under The Wire.

BBC documentary about the death in Syria of Sunday Times war correspondent Marie Colvin in 2012 as told by her photographer Paul Conroy and others who were there and survived. Incredible programme. 

Soft Cell : Say Hello, Wave Goodbye on BBC 4.
Enjoyed this documentary about the troubled duo, what a voice Almond has.
BBC 4 are excellent with some of their music programmes.

Indeed. BBC4 and Sky Arts have some great programmes especially on fridays.