Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

13 hours ago, Silverton End said:

We never enjoyed this series at all, gave up on it around episode 3, have enjoyed the previous ones but maybe it's now time to retire (with heavy heart) Perez's peacoat?

12 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I disagree.  I quite enjoyed this season and would be delighted to see a season 6.  The last scene in episode 5 was fantastic and set up for a decent enough finale. 

Perez really needs to get a dog.

10 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Felt it was better when Shetland was 2-part stories, they started stretching it to 6-parts around series 3.

Maybe a dog would help :lol:

I'd vote for:

-Another Shetland series.  I like the cast, characters and scenery
-Jimmy to ditch the pea coat.  If he can fund Duncan's bistro he can buy a decent jaiket
-For series (next) to be two episodes of 1.5 hrs with high production values.  'Endeavour' has been brilliant (apart from the end of the last episode)
-For the Julie Graham character, who is a thoroughly decent actress, to do some actual police work rather than have this ongoing, "Are you sure about this, Jimmy?  You have to carry the can" bollocks

As far as a dug for Perez goes?  Naw.  It's not Scooby Doo.

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

-For the Julie Graham character, who is a thoroughly decent actress, to do some actual police work rather than have this ongoing, "Are you sure about this, Jimmy?  You have to carry the can" bollocks

Is she not the Procurator Fiscal or such like?

24 Hours in Police Custody is infuriating, frightening and depressing tonight.

How coppers refrain from knocking f**k out of people is pretty impressive. I couldn't do their job for any amount of money.

15 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

24 Hours in Police Custody is infuriating, frightening and depressing tonight.

How coppers refrain from knocking f**k out of people is pretty impressive. I couldn't do their job for any amount of money.

In a word: bodycams. My dad was a policeman for 30 years. When he gets drunk he sometimes talks of the old days, when they would indeed take issue with someone - especially wife-beaters. Back in those days, not only did you need the woman "with a face like a pound of mince" as my dad would say, but she also needed to corroborate the physical evidence by saying her husband did it. Most women would not. Persistent offenders often found themselves on the wrong side of a couple of police truncheons. Couldn't do that now.

1 hour ago, Latino Lover said:

The Yorkshire ripper thing on bbc4 was extremely grim as expected but very good and doesn’t show the police in a good light at all.

Fascinating and scary stuff.  Just what a shambles the Police Chiefs running the whole thing were.

It had a whole ‘Life on Mars’ TV programme feel with the amount of sexism going on.  I was slightly too young to remember the Ripper killings and although I knew a bit about it I wasn’t really aware of the timeline and how it panned out.

I did laugh I’m ashamed to say when they showed football footage with the crowd chanting “theres only one Yorkshire ripper”..

6 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Fascinating and scary stuff.  Just what a shambles the Police Chiefs running the whole thing were.

It had a whole ‘Life on Mars’ TV programme feel with the amount of sexism going on.  I was slightly too young to remember the Ripper killings and although I knew a bit about it I wasn’t really aware of the timeline and how it panned out.

I did laugh I’m ashamed to say when they showed football footage with the crowd chanting “theres only one Yorkshire ripper”..

Typical nonce loving mackems! The fact people thought he was a Geordie was probably the most traumatic thing for them.

Fleetwood Mac - a musical history, was on BBC 4 last night.

An hour of great music, but it was basically just Edith Bowman, Fran Healy, KT Tunstall, Toyah Wilcox, saying how great the songs are.

There were no interviews with any of Fleetwood Mac strangely. 

Enjoyed it though

An hour of great music, but it was basically just Edith Bowman, Fran Healy, KT Tunstall, Toyah Wilcox, saying how great the songs are.
Enjoyed it though

Check out Brian Johnson (AC/DC) series on Sky Arts. He went to visit Mick Fleetwood at his home in Hawaii.

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
1 hour ago, Silverton End said:
Enjoyed it though

Check out Brian Johnson (AC/DC) series on Sky Arts. He went to visit Mick Fleetwood at his home in Hawaii.

Don't have the Sky jimmy boo, I'll root around on YouTube. Thanks