Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

Tried a number of times to get into ‘Task Master’ as they’ve had some decent comics on, but it’s just wacky nonsense, I’ve given up.
Promising start for ‘The Loudest Voice’ mini series starring Russel Crowe though! Watched the first episode last night, think it could be worth following up.
Very similar to my experience. I also tried listening/watching the Horne Section podcast since they had some great sounding guests on but found it tedious.

I also agree that The Loudest Voice has been good so far (having watched the first two). Great performances, not least from Russell Crowe's fatsuit. Scary to think that it's probably going to be pretty close to true events.

Watched that Cash Machine thing with Lorraine Kelly last night. The two guys who won it (£630 kerrching) were a pair of utter fannies who, after every question they got right, did this infuriating wee handshake thing where they wiggled their fingers on each others' hands. A pair of absolute wrong uns. 

Bargian Loving Brits In The Sun is the best thing I've seen since 2001: A Space Odyssey.
Netflix or Amazon? It sounds promising.
Decided to watch this from the start. I think woman are going over to Spain and killing off their husbands. 3 episodes and in every episode it's been the same: " xx moved here with her husband but sadly xx died"

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Decided to watch this from the start. I think woman are going over to Spain and killing off their husbands. 3 episodes and in every episode it's been the same: " xx moved here with her husband but sadly xx died"

I only seen the two episodes that were on on Saturday, but I loved how completely hapless every single person was. It was quite heartwarming because they were all clearly in an awful position, but you know for a fact every single one of them phones home every week and tells everyone how fucking fantastic their life is.

I only seen the two episodes that were on on Saturday, but I loved how completely hapless every single person was. It was quite heartwarming because they were all clearly in an awful position, but you know for a fact every single one of them phones home every week and tells everyone how fucking fantastic their life is.
I'm in a hotel this week so have just been watching tv. I've binged about 8/9 episodes and in every one at least one person has said how better their lives are over there. You then see them doing things that makes me cringe. Going to the dump for household items or a bench that other folk leave their old shite being the two worst things. They also claim it's so cheap to live but it really is a cheap tacky life they're living.

If you took away the sun it would be another channel 5 benefit type show. I'd rather work a little more and pay a little more daily than live in a fucking caravan in the sun surrounded by irritating borderline alcoholics.

16 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Bit late now but on September 11th I recorded "9/11: The Heartland Tapes" on Smithsonian TV and only got round to watching it tonight. It was really good - seeing the events of the day as seen by local TV and radio in random Middle America rather than the New York based coverage.

Can't find this anywhere on catch up or my usual sources. Might be on Amazon which I dont have or by subscribing for free trial with Smithsonian and using VPN.

On 01/10/2019 at 14:47, jimmy boo said:

Can't find this anywhere on catch up or my usual sources. Might be on Amazon which I dont have or by subscribing for free trial with Smithsonian and using VPN.

Can't find it on amazon prime, Smithsonian will probably repeat it soon, I think it's that kind of channel. But if you like looking at countries from the air, you're in for a treat, going by their schedule.

Wasn't this originally on C4 or C5? I'm sure that's where I've seen repeats. I think Smithsonian repeat a lot of stuff from other channels.

Edited by BILmac1967
additional info