Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

7 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Aye, that Dickens guy knew a thing or two about storytelling.

They kept up the standard in episode two but can’t help but think that the last episode will be rushed as there’s been no sign of the ghosts of Christmas present or yet to come.

Said the exact same thing to the wife last night. Mind you i,m really enjoying it.

On 23/12/2019 at 15:28, fuzzydunlop said:

I continued my xmas tradition of watching the Paul Calf Video Diaries yesterday.  Probably hasnt aged as well to some but I still love it..so many great lines in it...

Even some of the smaller bits...ended up texting my mate the words "lesbian fruit" and he said he got the giggles in the middle of Aldi and had to go out outside for fresh air.

But the wife watched it for the first time since it came out and couldnt understand why I still bother.

If memory serves me

"Say...I'd rather watch Dave Lee Travis play MacBeth............say it"

"Pardon me but you've got shit on yer shoe and I'm the shoeshine boy, you shitty shoe b*****d"

Well, Gavin and Stacey provided no laughs.

As expected

Really enjoyed it tbh. Gavin and Stacey was never a sitcom that got belly laughs, more a regular chuckle. It felt very much like the old show which takes some doing after such a long absence. You only have to look at Still Game to see how bad things can be after a long time away.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Well, Gavin and Stacey provided no laughs.

As expected

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Really enjoyed it tbh. Gavin and Stacey was never a sitcom that got belly laughs, more a regular chuckle. It felt very much like the old show which takes some doing after such a long absence. You only have to look at Still Game to see how bad things can be after a long time away.

Stacey's tits are lush, mind. 

Just watched it last night - reminded me of one of those late period Royle Family specials where it seemed that they were relying on the popularity of the returning characters rather than the actual script...the first laugh out loud moment for us anyway - a one-liner about the big yin's age - came over half way into a one-hour show, which even by "gentle" comedy standards is leaving it a bit late.

Thought Gavin and Stacey was really good tbh. Never watched it first time round but the wife was a big fan and although I hated the Horne and Corden sketch show and I don't like Corden as a host/comedian/whatever he is, I quite liked the show when she made me watch it over the course of a month or so last year. Maybe it's because a lot of the stuff in this one were call backs to previous events and people (talking about Chinese Allan, or having Dawn and Pete almost breaking up again, or the kid being called Neil, the Baby, etc) and a lot of that was still fresh in my mind but I fair enjoyed it. The real love story of course is Smithy and Nessa, and that was allowed to play out in a nice way with the co-parenting, the new girlfriend etc. After some of the comments on social media I was expecting to be disappointed but I liked it.

Now watching The Longest Day that I recorded on More4 though. Talk about a change of pace...

On 24/12/2019 at 02:03, Lurkst said:

The alternative take on A Christmas Carol is indeed excellent. 

I found it quite hard going TBH. I don't remember any references to kiddy-fiddling in the original, nor Scrooge offering to pay Tiny Tim's medical bills in exchange for a shag with his mother. Just like War of the Worlds it seems they decided the classic storyline wasn't good enough so had to spice it up for modern viewers.

Yet another decent programme (The Hit List) turned into a "Celebrity" version. With the usual faces appearing. If it wasn't for "celebrity" versions of shows these folk wouldn't have any work. Joe Swash being the worst c**t the now.

Susan Calman on this one. An irritating cow of the highest order.

Yet another decent programme (The Hit List) turned into a "Celebrity" version. With the usual faces appearing. If it wasn't for "celebrity" versions of shows these folk wouldn't have any work. Joe Swash being the worst c**t the now.

Susan Calman on this one. An irritating cow of the highest order.
Never heard of it but couldn't agree more with your point about useless so called celebrities pish.