Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

On 08/12/2023 at 23:34, Arch Stanton said:

The AOE Compilation that was just on BBC Scotland. 

Chuckled my way all through (well, it was a compilation of the best bits) and realised what a huge influence former Saints players/managers/fans have been...Frank MacAvennie, Steve Clarke, Alex Ferguson, Dougie Vipond and, of course, Chick Young.

Quite a bit of it filmed at Love Street which was great to see. 

What programme was this?

12 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Question of Sport cancelled after 53 years. It's been shite for 15-20 years. Folk saying it got shite after Sue Barker left are just arseholes. The internet ruining "What happened Next" and the "Mystery guest" rounds killed it, not having a black and/or female team captains 

It's been shite for as long as i can remember, except for "what happened next?" I remember being extremely bored by the Botham/ Beaumont version as a child. 

My recollection is that the mystery guest was usually like an olympic biathlete or a three day eventer. Being a shit idea ruined that, not the internet. 

Last time I saw it Matt Dawson was a team captain. Nobody needs to see that. 

Recently got a cheap trial on apple tv. 

Loving Foundation so far. Either i don't remember the books very well or it's a very loose adaptation. 

Their prehistoric natural history series already looks far better than the one on Netflix that is pretty much a head to head challenge. I like a lot of the visuals and reconstruction on Netflix but Morgan Freeman's overly portentous voiceover makes it a hard watch. The Apple one has Attenborough. 

A bit disappointing tbh, i'd kind of hoped Apple tv would be utter shite as i find their products and ethos annoying. It does look a bit limited though. 

Watching Wolf in the Fold (ST original series). They are investigating a serial killer of women.

The investigation consists of Spock essentially googling mass murderers of women. The computer notes that a year ago someone was killing women in Rigel 4. Kirk turns to the prosecutor. "You're from Rigel 4, aren't you?"

Case closed. Killer found. 

Makes you wonder what the real police do all day.

As much as I love that we get half decent SPFL highlights on YouTube, there's an irritating as f**k woman in the Annan highlights. An extremely nippy and loud voice who seems to only be able to shout "Come on Annan!!". 

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

As much as I love that we get half decent SPFL highlights on YouTube, there's an irritating as f**k woman in the Annan highlights. An extremely nippy and loud voice who seems to only be able to shout "Come on Annan!!". 

Margot Wells?

Watched the annual quiz between Corrie and Emmerdale stars last night which is always a bit of a fun watch, especially seeing some of the characters from years ago and how they've changed. Near the end they played a montage of clips from Corrie with characters expressing shock and horror at the mention of London as if it's a hellish place two thousand miles away. Was sure I'd seen the montage before and sure enough it's one made by our very own @MSU who does a weekly podcast with his missus called The Talk of the Street. Well done them, getting a mention in the credits on prime time tv.

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Planes Trains and Automobiles is a great, funny movie but FFS C4, don't show it before the watershed.

The sanitised version of the car rental scene is abysmal.

Of all the things to sanitise pre watershed and absolutely lose the entire premise of the scene that must be up there.