Things that annoy or delight you on the telly right now

welshbairn

City in the Sky on BBC. The documentary is right up my street, love all things aviation.

The only gripe is the idea that every sentence that is said that there is meant to be an element of surprise and awe.

Think that's down to it being an Open University production.

Utterly fascinating show, I've really enjoyed it.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently The Voice: Kids is a thing. That's a great idea for a TV show. Let's reject an 8 year old and tell them they're not good enough, in front of a TV audience and millions of viewers. That definitely won't emotionally scar them.

Apparently The Voice: Kids is a thing. That's a great idea for a TV show. Let's reject an 8 year old and tell them they're not good enough, in front of a TV audience and millions of viewers. That definitely won't emotionally scar them.

Never watched it, but I do remember an early-seventies aberration called Junior Showtime. Given the standard of the kids who appeared, God knows what the rejects were like.

The Tax Credits advert. A mum and dad with twin sons. The boy(s) appear to have cerebral-palsy or some such disability.

I don't know why I like it and will probably sound patronising as f**k trying to explain myself, but I think it's good to see an advert which is closer to real life and not just the over the top perfect health family. Good to see these two boys given a shot, even if it's only an advert at this stage.

There's an advert with that chef boy from Saturday kitchen advertising Lidle or Waitrose, some supermarket I think anyway. There's this nippy sweetie on it with a northern accent. She's a pain in the japs eye

"All the kids are bringing their friends James?"

"Mee 'usband's invited his friends for the footy James?"

"What'm a going to do James?"

"Same time next week James?"

"Lick mee fanny James"

"Bend over n touch yer toes and I'll show you where mee big black strap on goes James"

Okay, I made the last two up but you get the jist

There's an advert with that chef boy from Saturday kitchen advertising Lidle or Waitrose, some supermarket I think anyway. There's this nippy sweetie on it with a northern accent. She's a pain in the japs eye

"All the kids are bringing their friends James?"

"Mee 'usband's invited his friends for the footy James?"

"What'm a going to do James?"

"Same time next week James?"

"Lick mee fanny James"

"Bend over n touch yer toes and I'll show you where mee big black strap on goes James"

Okay, I made the last two up but you get the jist

if it is the one were he ends up doing a BBQ?

It is an Asda advert and extremely annoying

Even worse is the one where there's a family about to on a bike run and they're about to make up some sandwiches.

But oh no. James, in his best northern working class accent says they should make up a "stuffed layered loaf" instead, essentially a hollowed out loaf filled with Asda shit.

Now if it's anything like my local Asda, the value bread will be filled with pink wafer biscuits, Asda's version of Mars bars and blue fizzy juice because that's all they've got on their shelves.

f**k off back to your Fortnum and Mason lifestyle James you patronising c**t.

With any luck their day will end up like this:

Even worse is the one where there's a family about to on a bike run and they're about to make up some sandwiches.

But oh no. James, in his best northern working class accent says they should make up a "stuffed layered loaf" instead, essentially a hollowed out loaf filled with Asda shit.

Now if it's anything like my local Asda, the value bread will be filled with pink wafer biscuits, Asda's version of Mars bars and blue fizzy juice because that's all they've got on their shelves.

f**k off back to your Fortnum and Mason lifestyle James you patronising c**t.

What is worse is when he rocks up like this.....

tumblr_inline_moa769vjCK1qz4rgp.gif

:lol:

Anyway, Songs of Praise is on just now and they're singing a hymn to the Dambusters theme tune.

Deary me.

Presumably they expected England still to be in Euro 16 when they recorded it...

Trainspotting Live on BBC Four with Peter Snow. Sounds like one of Alan Partridge's TV pitches but I'm enjoying it.

First time i saw it in the listings i got really excited cos i stupidly thought of irvine welshs trainspotting not the geeky type. Shame