F1 2014

deano67

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's happens if the race is cancelled due to weather? Void the points?

Bernie will have a word in the 'Big Man's ear', the race will be on. He has a direct line.

I hope we don't see scenes like in 1994 with cars flying off the track aquaplaning on the start finish straight if the weather is bad on Sunday.

I wonder how many Lotus nosecones and suspension arms Maldonado will go through?.

Alex Wurz suggesting the race might be brought forward because of the storm. A while back they moved qualifying to the Sunday because of a typhoon that might hit. It didn't but the drivers had fun bowling.

Some great rumours doing the rounds at the moment. Vettel and Alonso swapping seats. Except Alonso is actually going to McLaren. Or Renault. Or staying put. Oh and Berger is replacing Dennis at McLaren...

Alex Wurz suggesting the race might be brought forward because of the storm. A while back they moved qualifying to the Sunday because of a typhoon that might hit. It didn't but the drivers had fun bowling.

Some great rumours doing the rounds at the moment. Vettel and Alonso swapping seats. Except Alonso is actually going to McLaren. Or Renault. Or staying put. Oh and Berger is replacing Dennis at McLaren...

What storm?

Reports coming out saying that Vettel is to leave Red Bull at end of season (I'll guess heading to either Ferrari or McLaren) and Red Bull going with Riiciardo and Kvyat in 2015.

Edit: Horner reveals he's off to Ferrari, which I would imagine put's Alonso into a Mclaren seat and Jenson Button doing something else other than F1.

Surprised to hear about Vettel at this stage of the season but it was always coming. I would be pretty annoyed about the cars performance this year if I was him and with Alonso wanting to go to Mclaren, this is the perfect time for him to take the seat at Ferrari. Will be quite disappointed to see Button leave though. Hope the big man gets a seat somewhere

Most pleased man in all of the drivers movement has to be jev,looking likely he will keep his Torro seat

He must have shagged helmut markos daughter because it looks like Sainz jr is the favourite

I may get stick for this lol, but there's a fiver going on Bottas to McLaren and Alonso to Williams :)

About time we had some of the "top" drivers moving, should make for an interesting first few races next season next year anyway.

Have to say I'm quite surprised that Vettel is moving to Ferrari. Does he know something we don't and Ferrari will have a brilliant car next season? Alonso to a Honda powered McLaren shall be interesting. Doesn't sound good to Button though, could be his last season. Ricciardo and Kyvat is an exciting young lineup at Red Bull, both are Champions in the making.

I think Vettel is making a mistake going to Ferrari.

It's similar to the Lewis Hamilton situation (when he left McLaren) where you wonder why Sebastian is joining a worse team than Red Bull.

The difference being Lewis replaced someone who was dropped from Mercedes whereas Sebastian is replacing someone who is desperate to leave. That makes me doubt whether Ferrari can actually provide a car capable of challenging for a championship.

Then again, I believed Lewis had made a mistake so maybe I'm wrong. But I really think the fact Alonso wants out should have alarm bells ringing.

I think Vettel is making a mistake going to Ferrari.

It's similar to the Lewis Hamilton situation (when he left McLaren) where you wonder why Sebastian is joining a worse team than Red Bull.

The difference being Lewis replaced someone who was dropped from Mercedes whereas Sebastian is replacing someone who is desperate to leave. That makes me doubt whether Ferrari can actually provide a car capable of challenging for a championship.

Then again, I believed Lewis had made a mistake so maybe I'm wrong. But I really think the fact Alonso wants out should have alarm bells ringing.

The difference is, Hamilton left for Mercedes because he knew that they would be the best car this season after the changes to the regulations, and that has proved to be the correct decision.

ETA I thought it was the wrong move at the time aswell, but I'm glad I've been proved wrong!

Archived