F1 2014

deano67

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I think it will happen, but imagine if Mercedes gave Rosberg a one race ban and got their DTM and ex F1 driver Paul di Resta in for the Italian GP?

Can't see it either, but it might be the only way that Mercedes can bring the two drivers to heel. That cost them plenty today in terms of both drivers and constructors points, going by qualifying and the first lap and a bit they looked as if they would have been well on the way to a 1-2 on the podium.

Like Hamilton or not and whether it was right or wrong that he ignored team orders in the last race for Nico to go for that move today was insane it was clear after the first part of the chicane he wasn't going to pull off the move so he should have yielded but he kept his nose alongside Lewis's tyre and when Lewis went to take his line into the corner he hit Nico.

Like Hamilton or not and whether it was right or wrong that he ignored team orders in the last race for Nico to go for that move today was insane it was clear after the first part of the chicane he wasn't going to pull off the move so he should have yielded but he kept his nose alongside Lewis's tyre and when Lewis went to take his line into the corner he hit Nico.

Wasn't there a move (by Alonso?) which was similar but he hung it out and wasn't squeezed.

Mercedes poor management has lead to this. The silly 'team' orders last race, and a few other issues built this up.

Not that I think it will happen, but imagine if Mercedes gave Rosberg a one race ban and got their DTM and ex F1 driver Paul di Resta in for the Italian GP?

This will never happen. The Constructors Championship is the priority for all teams competing and the drivers championship is of secondary importance and teams will always try to have their strongest driver line up racing.

Both drivers will have to have some kind of agreement now if not from themselves from the team such as team orders.

Wasn't there a move (by Alonso?) which was similar but he hung it out and wasn't squeezed.

Mercedes poor management has lead to this. The silly 'team' orders last race, and a few other issues built this up.

Agree with you on the management it's been bubbling under the surface for a while and a quiet word would have maybe done the trick before it got this far, Are you saying Rosberg was squeezed by Hamilton? I have to disagree if so Nico went for a move that was never there and just left his front wing at the back of Lewis' car Lewis couldn't go nowhere he had to take the left hander and probably didn't see Nico had left his car there.

Having watched it, if that was a move between two drivers from different teams then there would not be as much "scandal". Two drivers racing but if you watch it, Nico moves over to the left as Lewis comes over and they make the slightest of touches.

Lewis has once again thrown the toys out the pram and if Nico has shown a lack of professionalism on the track, Lewis has done the same off it.

But these are racing drivers. Bollox to team orders. Vettel ignored them and won. Lewis ignored them last time and benefitted. Nico ignored the fact it was his team mate and benefitted too.

Wouldn't it be great though if Riccardo could sneak through and beat both :)

Agree with you on the management it's been bubbling under the surface for a while and a quiet word would have maybe done the trick before it got this far, Are you saying Rosberg was squeezed by Hamilton? I have to disagree if so Nico went for a move that was never there and just left his front wing at the back of Lewis' car Lewis couldn't go nowhere he had to take the left hander and probably didn't see Nico had left his car there.

No. I'm saying Alonso I think, did a similar move. He hung it out around the outside and got the space, made it work. I don't think it was a bad move by Rosberg, but it was risky. Alonso got given the space, Hamilton shut the door.

Got a message from the fantasy racers stating they have been reminded by the FOM that they are using their intellectual property!

All I have to say to this is, what goes around comes around. Remember Hockenheim? Hamilton was flying around diving in from miles back and actually hit two people I think. Hamilton is always quick enough to dive in without thinking, IMO Rosberg has noticed this and have him some of his own medicine.

All I have to say to this is, what goes around comes around. Remember Hockenheim? Hamilton was flying around diving in from miles back and actually hit two people I think. Hamilton is always quick enough to dive in without thinking, IMO Rosberg has noticed this and have him some of his own medicine.

As good as that may sound, in a "serves him right" way, it won't do any good. Instead of thinking about his own racing style he'll probably decide he wants revenge and make the decision to take Rosberg out when the situations reversed

Clever by Rosberg. He's definitely getting a bad reputation this year if you consider the incidents in Monaco and Canada. Mind not that he'll be bothered, its given him a good lead in the championship. However I'm still confident Hamilton will win the WDC. He's the better driver and stronger in race situations, if given the car.

First and foremost i'm not a Hamilton fan, far from it, but over the course of this season, my opinion of him has changed to giving him a grudging respect for his on track ability, given his podium finishes from the back of the pack and outright racing performances,

The last race when 'ignored' team orders wasn't as cut and dry as just ignoring team orders as Rosberg clearly couldn't get close enough to him without Hamilton having to slow down and throw a position away and for me that's fair enough,

Rosberg understands completely that he simply cannot out race Hamilton with ability and is deploying some Schumi-esque tactics which obviously goes against fair play but equally Hamilton also has to realise that trying to beat Rosberg simply by racing him isn't going to work when he's using under hand tactics and has to man up and start trying to f**k with Rosberg on the track too if he stands any chance of winning the title,

Ze Germans are canny, and Hamilton needs to learn that quick style,

Other than that, waht can you say about Ricciardo?? what a feckin talent, quietly goes about his business during the season and skelps his team mate in to the bargain by whipping his arse all year,

I genuinely hope Mercedes don't sort out their obvious management failings and both their drivers keep fucking each other in the hole so Ricciardo can claim the title, what a season that would be :)

First and foremost i'm not a Hamilton fan, far from it, but over the course of this season, my opinion of him has changed to giving him a grudging respect for his on track ability, given his podium finishes from the back of the pack and outright racing performances,

The last race when 'ignored' team orders wasn't as cut and dry as just ignoring team orders as Rosberg clearly couldn't get close enough to him without Hamilton having to slow down and throw a position away and for me that's fair enough,

Rosberg understands completely that he simply cannot out race Hamilton with ability and is deploying some Schumi-esque tactics which obviously goes against fair play but equally Hamilton also has to realise that trying to beat Rosberg simply by racing him isn't going to work when he's using under hand tactics and has to man up and start trying to f**k with Rosberg on the track too if he stands any chance of winning the title,

Ze Germans are canny, and Hamilton needs to learn that quick style,

Other than that, waht can you say about Ricciardo?? what a feckin talent, quietly goes about his business during the season and skelps his team mate in to the bargain by whipping his arse all year,

I genuinely hope Mercedes don't sort out their obvious management failings and both their drivers keep fucking each other in the hole so Ricciardo can claim the title, what a season that would be :)

If the Mercedes drivers keep this up Ricciardo could find himself nicking the drivers title away from under their noses. Like Prost did to the Williams pair of Mansell and Piquet in 1986. Similarly Prost didn't have the best car that year but drove intelligently and picked up results as the Williams pair fought on track, bickered of the track and added pressure onto themselves dropping points with daft errors.

I don't think either driver is really proving themselves. They have a car which is on average 2 seconds per lap faster than all other cars. That's a bigger gulf than anything I've seen in the last 10 years. They should be dominating, but they often are not, instead getting involved in silly wee incidents and bickering. If anything I think it more shows the clas of Vettel who when in the same situation just dominated!

If the Mercedes drivers keep this up Ricciardo could find himself nicking the drivers title away from under their noses. Like Prost did to the Williams pair of Mansell and Piquet in 1986. Similarly Prost didn't have the best car that year but drove intelligently and picked up results as the Williams pair fought on track, bickered of the track and added pressure onto themselves dropping points with daft errors.

The best example of that is Hamilton and Alonso when Raikkonen won it. Gutted I never put £20 on Kimi to get the title, he was 12-1 going into last race.

Love to see you try and say all that with a straight face.

I don't think either driver is really proving themselves. They have a car which is on average 2 seconds per lap faster than all other cars. That's a bigger gulf than anything I've seen in the last 10 years. They should be dominating, but they often are not, instead getting involved in silly wee incidents and bickering. If anything I think it more shows the clas of Vettel who when in the same situation just dominated!

The gap doesn't seem that big in the second half of the season but yes, they're making the Vettel/Webber feud look adult by comparison. Vettel has been poor and completely done by Ricciardo this season but I don't recall him throwing around as much paranoid rubbish about his car mysteriously breaking down more often than his team-mate's, as Hamilton has been doing.

Also worth noting that its now twice that Hamilton has been involved with a serious team-mate dispute, both of the latter have had pretty much no other clashes at other teams and with different team-mates. It's almost as if he's the problem, not them. But he's only one more Rosberg break-down or incident more than his own to get back with a very good chance of winning the title.

Archived