F1 2014

deano67

Of course he does, they all do, it's just the things Rosberg is moaning about. Just get on with it and race.

Sounds bit similar to what Prost used to get up to

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernie will pay $100 million today to make the bribery charges "go away" today and will ask for the money to be spent on a new track in Bavaria :lol:

Man accused of bribery proves he did nothing wrong by paying off the courts. Seems innocent to me.

Comedy gold. Teaching FIFA lessons in corruption.

Its the german court system thats to blame,but remember he spent about $40 million on a wedding so $100 mill is basically nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Max Verstappen to drive for torro rosso from this weekend is doing the rounds in place of vergne :huh:

I watched Euro F3 race at the Nurburgring on Sunday and Verstappen looked impressive and like his dad he was very good in changeable conditions. But surely Red Bull should be developing drivers not chucking them into the pool with the piranhas this early regardless of what personality the driver has. If this goes pear shaped Verstappen's confidence and growing reputation could be ruined before we ever find out what he could do.

His prospects could be over even before he reaches 20. It seems if the benchmark is Ricciardo and Vettel at Toro Rosso they get 2 years to prove that they are that good and then move up to Red Bull. Vergne will have had 3 seasons to prove himself by the end of this season and there is little or no chance he will be driving for Red Bull next season so TR are look for someone else to develop. I'm sure they don't think Vergne isn't good enough to race in F1 otherwise he wouldn't have been there for a 3rd season, but there seems little point in holding onto a driver for 3 seasons at that team if his opportunities to move up are nil and just being good enough to race in this category is not the reason for the driver programme at this level. It seems selfish but its all about Red Bull and the Red Bull brand winning . The good thing about this is he knows early he is being released and it gives Vergne time to find another drive for next season.

Many World Champions have been developers who haven't risen above just being a fast racer until they reach their mid twenties and these machines now are far more complex. I'm concerned that we could be missing out on potential world champions who graft away, have the talent and come close to F1 but don't have the backing at a young age, not that it never happened during the 80's and 90's but there is so much more competition to drive in F1 now than back then and if a driver isn't on a driver programme he has little chance.

I just wonder that in 3 years time Verstappen could be racing in the DTM.

I thought Jaime Alguersuari was good too. He started off a bit erratic, but towards the end of his time at Torro Roso he was getting more consistent and putting in some impressive drives. Looks like that's him for Formula 1 now. :(

I thought Jaime Alguersuari was good too. He started off a bit erratic, but towards the end of his time at Torro Roso he was getting more consistent and putting in some impressive drives. Looks like that's him for Formula 1 now. :(

I loved Jaime as well, seemed a top lad.

Archived