F1 2014

deano67

Thought the decision not to bring out the safety car at the Sutil spin was utterly ridiculous. I don't understand Whiting sometimes. He's quick to start the race behind a safety car when it's slightly raining, or keep them needlessly following it during the rain, but today, and in last years German Grand Prix when a car ended up freely rolling back across the track, he felt no need to. Someone needs to have a word.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought the decision not to bring out the safety car at the Sutil spin was utterly ridiculous. I don't understand Whiting sometimes. He's quick to start the race behind a safety car when it's slightly raining, or keep them needlessly following it during the rain, but today, and in last years German Grand Prix when a car ended up freely rolling back across the track, he felt no need to. Someone needs to have a word.

Couldn't believe that. Marshals on the track on the inside of a blind corner. Insanity.

Im travelling just so been difficult to get a full picture,but im reading snippets that merc may be in the doo doo for changing components on hamiltons car after it was repaired and put under parc ferme conditions on sat

Im travelling just so been difficult to get a full picture,but im reading snippets that merc may be in the doo doo for changing components on hamiltons car after it was repaired and put under parc ferme conditions on sat

they changed the rear disks to ones from a different manufacturer

The implication from Hamilton sounds like he believes there was no safety car as Rosberg was winning, although he denies this when the interviewer asks him to clarify what he was hinting at.

I don't think I'd agree with that. But I'm struggling to think of a logical reason why there was no safety car. Has there been any explanation so far?..

The implication from Hamilton sounds like he believes there was no safety car as Rosberg was winning, although he denies this when the interviewer asks him to clarify what he was hinting at.

I don't think I'd agree with that. But I'm struggling to think of a logical reason why there was no safety car. Has there been any explanation so far?..

I've seen the "German driver leading in Germany" theory. The problem with that little theory is that the man who has the final decision on a safety car is the very not-German Charlie Whiting.

I've seen the "German driver leading in Germany" theory. The problem with that little theory is that the man who has the final decision on a safety car is the very not-German Charlie Whiting.

I know, which is why I doubt that particular theory. :)

I'm just asking if a reason was given as to why there was no safety car? Was it a decision you agreed with?..

I know, which is why I doubt that particular theory. :)

I'm just asking if a reason was given as to why there was no safety car? Was it a decision you agreed with?..

It definitely wasn't a decision I agreed with. No idea why there wasn't a safety car. Trouble is, a decision that bad does tend to lead to conspiracies.

The only thing i can think off was the car was off the racing line and it took so long to push off the track is the stewards had to wait for a safe moment under double yellow to get onto the track,thats just my thoughts

The only thing i can think off was the car was off the racing line and it took so long to push off the track is the stewards had to wait for a safe moment under double yellow to get onto the track,thats just my thoughts

They brought the SC out when Vettel retired at Silverstone last year. He pulled over on the start/finish straight right after the final corner, he was further off the racing line than Sutil was and he was practically right against the pit wall. Baffling decision.

They brought the SC out when Vettel retired at Silverstone last year. He pulled over on the start/finish straight right after the final corner, he was further off the racing line than Sutil was and he was practically right against the pit wall. Baffling decision.

Yip as i said just my thoughts,interestingly enough the stewards down by the corner had the safety car sign in her hands ready to put up so i think they were expecting it aswell

It definitely wasn't a decision I agreed with. No idea why there wasn't a safety car. Trouble is, a decision that bad does tend to lead to conspiracies.

Almost as good as the fanny who claimed yesterday on Twitter/Facebook that Mercedes only changed Hamilton's gearbox so he started further back. The patient person running the Mercedes account kindly pointed out to him that if they hadn't changed it he may well not have finished, thus generating more pish about conspiracies.

Hamilton fastest in fp1/2

But Brembo the merc brake disc suppliers issue a statement saying,they can find no faults with his brake discs from last weekend which must put some worry in mercs mind

Also the usual driver rumours before the summer break,i think vettel has been joining merc macleran and ferrari all for next season :lol:

Archived