F1 2014

deano67

Think that's a bit harsh on Chilton - there should be a delay on when the mechanics are allowed to enter the pitlane/track after a red flag in case there is a driver coming in. They all piled across like a bunch of fannies at a 1D concert with no concern for their safety.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nikki Lauda railing against F1's over-regulation. I must say I have to agree, apart from perhaps replacing the guard rail.

Saw that on the BBC website as I'm watching on Sky.

Croft said during the delay he wasn't sure how long it would take to fix the barrier, then received a tweet explaining it was fixed length sections that just need to be unbolted. Ridiculous that it can take an hour to do that, even allowing for the cleanup of the track.

"LOOK HOW QUICKLY HAMILTON IS CATCHING JENSON BUTTON!!!!! HAND OVER FIST!!!!!"

Well, I, for one, am shocked that the car that is .500-1sec quicker than everyone else, happens to be a lot faster than other cars.

Hamilton is going to put it in a wall trying to catch Rosberg here.

Booooooooooooooo.

ETA:

To be fair, it must be the quickest a road has been fixed in a while.

Was more the stewards in parc ferme pulling Bottas away from his team.

Sky's love of Hamilton almost as cringeworthy as Jim White's crush on Brian Laudrup.

Great result for Lewis and back where he deserves to be in the Championship after his poor luck this season.

I think the silence on here is even better than the seethe! Haha.

The Alonso-Vettel battle was brilliant too. Some great action without the DRS being too involved. Just gave enough of an advantage down the Wellington straight for them to get close enough, then it was up to the drivers.

It would have been nice to see if Lewis could have passed Rosberg but Nico's retirement robbed us of that battle. I know Lewis was catching but he's done that before this season and got stuck under his gearbox.....he's also passed Nico on other times so it's anyone's guess as to what would have happened. Overall it sets the championship up again, but Lewis needs to stamp out these mistakes such as the one in Qualifying on Sat.

Decent GP, Bottas and Alosno where my drivers of the race though as both had made huge gains from their respective starting positions and Alonso's battle with Vettel was some of the best wheel to wheel racing this season.

Kimi's accident was a massive one, he's fortunate to have avoided any major injury (the hub may be built like the proverbial brickhouse, but the legs still rattle around) and Massa showed quick reactions to avoid T-boning Kimi. What Kimi's accident showed is the danger of having run of areas full of tarmac. He kept the throttle pinned open to avoid losing more places and upon rejoining bounced on the lip between the small grass verge and the racetrack, causing the snap oversteer.

Kimi's accident was a massive one, he's fortunate to have avoided any major injury (the hub may be built like the proverbial brickhouse, but the legs still rattle around) and Massa showed quick reactions to avoid T-boning Kimi. What Kimi's accident showed is the danger of having run of areas full of tarmac. He kept the throttle pinned open to avoid losing more places and upon rejoining bounced on the lip between the small grass verge and the racetrack, causing the snap oversteer.

Exactly. Increasing tarmac has had a couple of negative aspects. 1. Drivers push the limit more knowing the worst that can happen is they 'exceed track limits', meaning when things go wrong, cars are going through turns much quicker. 2. Drivers are encouraged to keep their foot in it when rejoining leading to incidents like Kimi's.

I never really understood the rational for abandoning gravel traps. Seemed to be based on Schumacher flipping when his car dug in at Melbourne one year. I'd have thought flipping and dissipating energy that way is preferable though to hitting a barrier.

Archived