Your Old Stadium

1779678_662630717127948_1800703513_n.jpg

That's a quality photo Dougie. It's amazing how much Easter Road has changed since! Here's one of ER from a similar view before they built the new East Stand.

Easter_Road_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_

And one of how it now looks from a closer angle to the 1992 photo.

5942477268_81c5b36cef_z.jpg

And now visiting teams get to compete on a level playing field

Some of those Tynecastle pics are superb mate, cheers for posting.

Love the one above the Gorgie end with hundreds of fans trying to squas in at the entrance. Having said that, I hope noone was hurt.

Edited by G-MAN

See the pic with the guys drilling the terrace. Whats the building behind them part of ?

That's the old distillary bonds they surrounded the West and North terracing, they're drilling to create the bases for the pillar posts for the new enclosure. As posted previously...11169_1299534571339_3040097_n.jpg

• To jamtart1972, or anyone really.
What was the reason for the cover at Tynecastle to go round the corner yet not the full length of the side opposite main stand? It seems 'different'.

I would guess planning......always thought the same about the old stand at Tannadice to be honest.

I really miss the "character" of the old grounds.....anyone else think Falkirk could do with an old style covered terrace opposite their amazing main stand? :D

• To jamtart1972, or anyone really.

What was the reason for the cover at Tynecastle to go round the corner yet not the full length of the side opposite main stand? It seems 'different'.

Back in 1958 when "The Shed" was in planning, the council knocked Hearts back to completely cover the remaining terracing on the Distillary side and the whole of the McCleod St terracing due to the covered enclosure potentially blocking out light for the classrooms at Tynecastle High School and somehow strangely Gerrards Yard that existed in Wheatfield Street, roll on 30 odd years later and we have the "Roseburn Stand that towers above the same school classrooms ???? albeit the school has now moved to the land opposite the ground and existing school.

Cheers. I figured there was a story. Thistle used to have a cover over the north end but it disappeared late 60s. I was told by a good source they knocked it down as the rates for a covered terracing were higher than uncovered. I was also told this was crap and it fell apart through neglect. Somewhere the truth exists.

I would guess planning......always thought the same about the old stand at Tannadice to be honest.

I always wondered about the Main Stand at Fir Park as well. The yellow steel frame that sticks out towards the away end. My Dad told me it was put in so they would have the option to extend it the full length if they ever wanted, but I imagine its also planning permission problems.