Your Old Stadium

Out of interest how long were Airdrie homeless? Was there a reason they had to move to Broadwood rather than stay where they were until the new stadium was built.

If you had the choice Airdrie fans would you prefer to be back at Broomfield or where you are now?

Out of interest how long were Airdrie homeless? Was there a reason they had to move to Broadwood rather than stay where they were until the new stadium was built.

If you had the choice Airdrie fans would you prefer to be back at Broomfield or where you are now?

Or if that's too easy, what about. Would You rather have a month in Barbados or a boot in the plums?

We were homeless for four years, but it felt like an eternity, and as the land had already been sold to Safeway we had to move out. As for old Broomfield? It may have been old and ramshackle but it had more character than a lot of grounds and even with only a couple thousand fans it could create some atmosphere. If I had the choice I'd definitely have the old ground back :(

eta: I think this thread has got me feeling nostalgic. :rolleyes:

Edited by vip3r

We were homeless for four years, but it felt like an eternity, and as the land had already been sold to Safeway we had to move out. As for old Broomfield? It may have been old and ramshackle but it had more character than a lot of grounds and even with only a couple thousand fans it could create some atmosphere. If I had the choice I'd definitely have the old ground back :(

eta: I think this thread has got me feeling nostalgic. :rolleyes:

Used to love going to Broomfield.

The jungle was the best terracing in Europe and in spite of the 90's, we still maintained that atmosphere. I'm glad the Green Brigade with their colour and inclusiveness have made our new stadium the best in Europe

Did Rangers fans not occupy the jungle for its last game as a terrace?

I seem to remember them singing "We're going to jobby on the jungle" during that game, could hear it clear as day on the telly.

They also sang "we sang the sash in the jungle" too

Did Rangers fans not occupy the jungle for its last game as a terrace?

Pretty sure Celtic hastily arranged a friendly to make sure that this wasn't the case. Similar to England delaying their move from the "Old Wembley" after Scotland beat then 1-0 in what was meant to be the last game. They didn't want to go out with a defeat so arranged for their home qualifier in the next campaign against Germany to be the last one instead, and subsequently lost that 1-0, which I think was Keegans last game as manager.

Pretty sure Celtic hastily arranged a friendly to make sure that this wasn't the case. Similar to England delaying their move from the "Old Wembley" after Scotland beat then 1-0 in what was meant to be the last game. They didn't want to go out with a defeat so arranged for their home qualifier in the next campaign against Germany to be the last one instead, and subsequently lost that 1-0, which I think was Keegans last game as manager.

Celtic vs Man Utd veterans???

Here's a few different sets of highlights of Dundee at different games:

Tannadice 1964:

Muirton 1962:

There's much more on the Youtube link including our trips to Albania in black and white from 2003 and others.

Extended highlights of our game vs Perugia too. Check out their line-up, a few players who went on to become big stars!

England's last home game at "old" Wembley was the 0-1 defeat to Germany in the 2002 WC Qualifier in about September 2000......am sure Hamman scored the winner.

The Scotland game was Played in November 1999 I'm sure.