Your Old Stadium

Good Film of Cathkin Park featuring players from Third Lanark, Celtic, Rangers, Clyde, Hibs and Kilmarnock From 1960

http://ssa.nls.uk/film/1166

Below is a link to Easter Road

http://ssa.nls.uk/film/8528

St Mirren fans invading Ibrox 1962 :lol:

http://ssa.nls.uk/film/T0673

Sorry the links are shite

Sights of players smoking. Managers nowadays would be apoplectic. :lol:

Another one at Tannadice, the Main Stand (now Jerry Kerr Stand) under construction in the early 1960s. Excellent Health and Safety standards at work here.

rh4c2o.jpg

God that's a mental photo. I know they didn't really give a f**k about H&S then but that's taking things a bit far.

Sights of players smoking. Managers nowadays would be apoplectic. :lol:

m76t5g.jpg

We reckon this is the United team from 1966 just after beating Barcelona at Tannadice. Jimmy Briggs (extreme left) and Billy Hainey (extreme right) enjoying a fag in the dressing room.

m76t5g.jpg

We reckon this is the United team from 1966 just after beating Barcelona at Tannadice. Jimmy Briggs (extreme left) and Billy Hainey (extreme right) enjoying a fag in the dressing room.

Smoking was thought to be good for your health back in those days.......

Tynecastle has much the same feature of course, in smaller scale. There's a sliver out of the Gorgie Stand to stop it overhanging people's back gardens.

0,,10289~3613565,00.jpg

0,,10289~4672715,00.jpg

That and the discoloured seats in the Roseburn have always annoyed me.

The stands behind each goal at Easter Road also have part of them "cut off".

Another one at Tannadice, the Main Stand (now Jerry Kerr Stand) under construction in the early 1960s. Excellent Health and Safety standards at work here.

rh4c2o.jpg

The Mustang Wanted Stand would be more appropriate.

Never understood the single column of seats at each stand behind the goals in the newer stands at Tynecastle. Is that for season ticket holder with no mates?

I'm sure there has been cops/stewards there in games gone by.

How did they all get up here?

I assume they just used a big, rickety-as-f**k ladder. Being men of the day they probably thought little of it, or doing a pish off the side when they needed the toilet but couldn't be bothered to use the ladder to go down then back up.

If one of them needed a jobby there'd have been trouble mind...

I assume they just used a big, rickety-as-f**k ladder. Being men of the day they probably thought little of it, or doing a pish off the side when they needed the toilet but couldn't be bothered to use the ladder to go down then back up.

If one of them needed a jobby there'd have been trouble mind...

See you youngsters! You use the handy can opener that you kept in your pocket for opening beer cans (no ring pulls then) to take the top of a can. Squat and fill it and see if you can hit an opposing fan. Some did the same when needing a pish but you generally got gubbed by your own fans who were hit by the spray from the missile.