Your Old Stadium

I'm sure there was at Tannadice.....the away fans were at the allotment end......sure there was palisade fencing between there & the now Fox stand?

But the question was whether there was fencing between the fans and the pitch, there wasn't. The old North Enclosure(where the George Fox Stand is now) had fencing and a small gap to split it on the halfway line. Dundee, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and occasionally Hearts would be given the half of the terrace nearer the Arklay Street end terrace(now Eddie Thompson Stand). United would retain that half of the enclosure the remainder of the time, hence the fencing between it and the end uncovered terrace.

Glebe Park has seen some massive changes over the years.

Then:

Glebe_Park._-_geograph.org.uk_-_43596.jp

Today:

6065931459_8219a1c421.jpg

Well, seasons... and not in a football sense.

In all seriousness though, the only thing that's really changed is the seated stand behind where the picture was taken which was formerly just a low muddy embankment.

Glebe Park has seen some massive changes over the years.

Well, seasons... and not in a football sense.

In all seriousness though, the only thing that's really changed is the seated stand behind where the picture was taken which was formerly just a low muddy embankment.

I think I would be right in saying that they also rebuilt their Main Stand... however - in what one could either call a highly admirable respect for nostalgia, or a chronic lack of originality - they rebuilt it in the style of its predecessor? And it's still got 'plank seats'?

P1010790.JPG

Here's one that I was thinking about - which Scottish grounds had fences between the fans and the pitch (as opposed to for segregation)? They disappeared post-Hillsbourough/Taylor - but the few I could remember were:

Ibrox (in front of the Enclosure)

Tynecastle

Easter Rd

Hampden

I'm sure there were others - anyone?

Central Park, Cowdenbeath, but more to do with being a safety fence for the stock car racing if that counts?

.post-29857-0-44325200-1393448619_thumb.j

post-29857-0-43413100-1393448643_thumb.j

Here's one that I was thinking about - which Scottish grounds had fences between the fans and the pitch (as opposed to for segregation)? They disappeared post-Hillsbourough/Taylor - but the few I could remember were:

Ibrox (in front of the Enclosure)

Tynecastle

Easter Rd

Hampden

I'm sure there were others - anyone?

I'm pretty certain Celtic Park had a fence at the front of the Jungle, but not at the front of the other sections.

I think I would be right in saying that they also rebuilt their Main Stand... however - in what one could either call a highly admirable respect for nostalgia, or a chronic lack of originality - they rebuilt it in the style of its predecessor? And it's still got 'plank seats'?

P1010790.JPG

Its now got individual backless plastic seats.

I'm pretty certain Celtic Park had a fence at the front of the Jungle, but not at the front of the other sections.

I did think about that one - but having been in there a couple of times (don't ask), my memory is that it had an unbroken crush barrier along the front - but not an actual fence. A Celtic fan might be able to confirm...

P1010790.JPG

If you sit at the back of that stand, do you watch the game though the window when the ball's up near the goal?? They should market that as "just like an executive box" :)

out of interest where did the away fans used to stand in old Ibrox ?

Before my time, but on the Broomloan or Celtic end, which I think was actually bigger than the home end?

I can remember Celtic fans getting half of the old stand enclosure(bearpit) when it was the last standing area at Ibrox before the main stand was modernised. Likewise Rangers fans still received part of the main stand at Parkhead at that time.

My grandad said when he used to go through to watch saints play at ibrox it was mixed terracing. However that was in the 50's & 60's. Last time he remembers it happening was when we won 3-0 with fergie scoring a hat-trick

out of interest where did the away fans used to stand in old Ibrox ?

Early 80's before they rebuilt Ibrox. The away fans stood in the enclosure left hand side(Broomloan)end.

Parkhead was also a hoot standing in the enclosure ,right hand side towards the away end. It was great turning round and watching the toothless wonders above in the main stand making the sign of the cross and pointing their pretend guns at us :lol:

Early 80's before they rebuilt Ibrox. The away fans stood in the enclosure left hand side(Broomloan)end.

Parkhead was also a hoot standing in the enclosure ,right hand side towards the away end. It was great turning round and watching the toothless wonders above in the main stand making the sign of the cross and pointing their pretend guns at us :lol:

Who did you support back then Willie?

:ph34r: