The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

31351439293_2b41664749_o.jpg

32265678395_cb8445c007_b.jpg

32294484025_0bf2c3135f_b.jpg

Putin: "test the weapon."

I like how the stands are elevated at the front row. You're sure to get a good view and it will feel like the crowd is on top of the players. The only stadium like it in Scotland is NDP. Except there is only two stands...

6 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Putin: "test the weapon."

I like how the stands are elevated at the front row. You're sure to get a good view and it will feel like the crowd is on top of the players. The only stadium like it in Scotland is NDP. Except there is only two stands...

The main stand at Cappielow fits this description.

7 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Is this some kind of therapy forum. Like "Hi, I'm Bob and I love sports stadia" Peculiar and yet entrancing at the same time.

I fucking love this thread, I don't know if I just like shiny things but I just find following the progress on stadiums to be weirdly satisfying. One glance at this thread and I always seem to end up on Skyscraper City looking at the progress of some Ecuadorian team's ground. I'm concerned that I'm sliding down into the Hibee Jibee levels or nerd.

What is their position regarding cheese?

I don't know if it's still in place but

Russia banned EU cheese imports in response to some EU sanctions but if you want a bit of Wensleydale, Gorgonzola or Camembert at a Zenit game you may need to score it on the black market

19 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

There's a balance I agree. Football clubs still serve the same inedible crap they did in the 1950s.

I've often thought this. I suggested that Hearts sub contract out their catering to Chop Chop.....people would come for the food alone if they did!

Must say the food here in Japan at the football is pretty good plus you can sit in your seat watching the game whist having a beer too!

• 4 weeks later...

Salford City press on with their ground

Strange way to do the end of the west stand as the terrace is in sections and follows the slope of the pitch but the roof is flat

Not sure how much of the corner up the hill the fans in the lower section will see.

XJ2H0EU.jpg

00bW2Ja.jpg

These stands go up fast as the second image was taken around 7 days ago and the stand is almost finished now.

The rest of the ground is also being worked on.

7 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Strange way to do the end of the west stand as the terrace is in sections and follows the slope of the pitch but the roof is flat

Not sure how much of the corner up the hill the fans in the lower section will see.

XJ2H0EU.jpg

These stands go up fast as the second image was taken around 7 days ago and the stand is almost finished now.

The rest of the ground is also being worked on.

Couldn't help but notice  they've done the floodlights in the same shape as their  (fucking ugly) badge. Certainly makes it a bit more unique.

200px-Salford_City_FC_Logo.png

Meanwhile in America, the MLS is expanding once again, with 12 teams going for 4 spots. Here's the proposals that have been publicly released

Tampa Bay Rowdies (A former minor league baseball ground)

A4s_Stadium_COLOR_021517_18811116_8col.j

St Louis

st-louis-mls-stadium-plan-560x373.jpg

Indianapolis Eleven

Indy-Eleven-Stadium-Rendering.jpg

Sacramento Republic

new-sacramento-2015-2.jpg

San Diego

C23zEVQUkAEjBvv.jpg

Detroit 

Phoenix Rising 

Phoenix-Rising-Stadium-MLS.jpg

Other bids with no stadium pics released: Cincinnati, San Antonio, Charlotte, Raleigh, Nashville

7 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Aesthetics. You can't have new build spoiling the look of Salford.

18 hours ago, realmadrid said:

Maidstone United building the stand with the most crush barriers to rows ever!

q9Th3rg.jpg

It looks like "safe standing" without the fold down seats. Salford's might be built with some kind of safety guidelines in mind as well. They're both better than than the attempts we make at smaller grounds here.