Jim Goodwin - Saint or sinner?

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The jealousy on this thread is terrible, there's not a team in scotland that could afford to leave the ghost on the bench.

Even the green bigots would play him in the SPFL, the one game in europe's top competition- maybe not.

Thanks to the fuds at DDDDutd and RRRRRRcunty he is being highlighted every week and that stinks.

He is a good,hard professional player.

Adams antics at the second challenge was pitiful.

This 'man' is the biggest disgrace in scottish football, even sevco desrve more respect than that slug.

My spelling is poor.

It actually made perfect sense , I was indicating that the sour grapes emanating from (you) a supporter of a no mark Scottish club towards a player you have seen in the flesh maybe twice was laughable !

Nope, you're still making no sense. Why would I have sour grapes about a player as limited as Goodwin, who tries to be a hardman and fails and who ultimately is a liability to his team? If you feel he is doing a good job for your team, then good luck to you.

If Goodwin is such a great player to have in your team, why are St Mirren performing so poorly in the league?

Danny Lennon.

Bollocks. You're performing so poorly because you're players are crap.

With that squad you could have Jose Maureenho as your manager and you'd still be play-off fodder.

I have seen 1 truly shocking tackle all season inc TV matches and it came from..........................a Ross County player. Adams total obssession with Goodwin is getting beyond a joke. Every single ref cannot be wrong and Adam's right surely ???

All bubbling up for an epic clash at SMP after the split. I hope Mr Adam's has his thick hide and tin helmet looked out.

stand by my earlier comment, nit disnae bother me in the slightest ,

i am only speaking for myself of course . :angel

Don't have any issues at all with St Mirren or there fans.

Nae offence but see ICT and Motherwell in the league and of course ICT and Dumbarton in Cups as oor immediate rivals .

St Mirren :P

:lol: coming from a Partick Thistle fan... The irony!!

A good number of St Mirren fans think they should be top 6 at least. Having seen st mirren that is vastly over rating a team.

Most thistle fans would be delighted with a 10th place finish. That is under rating a team.

If Goodwin is such a great player to have in your team, why are St Mirren performing so poorly in the league?

The manager's terrible tactics and game management, the dreadful signings made in the summer, the lack of squad depth resulting in mediocre players like Newton starting every game, and Goodwin's numerous suspensions.

Jose Maureenho

:lol:

Looks like it's a fail all round from Desert Nomad then.

Really? I admire the stout defence the fans have put up for Goodwin, but the ultimate fail will be when he captains St Mirren onto the pitch at Ibrox for the first game of season 2014/15.

Really? I admire the stout defence the fans have put up for Goodwin, but the ultimate fail will be when he captains St Mirren onto the pitch at Ibrox for the first game of season 2014/15.

Luckily he's captaining his club to certain relegation, at least we'll get to see him give Ian Black a forearm smash next season though.

post-1545-0-16356800-1364482190.gif

Luckily he's captaining his club to certain relegation, at least we'll get to see him give Ian Black a forearm smash next season though.

No surprise to see the Maureen's stoutly defend their star player. Had he been a United player & one of the prime causes of the team plunging towards relegation I'd not be so forgiving. Always support players on the pitch, but I'd not want him anywhere near the pitch.

Yes, really. 3 times you have tried that and 3 times been successful in getting 0 bites. Throw in the "star player" jibe and you have a complete fail.

Did you email Vincent Lunny again to highlight the incident in the Ross County game?

I haven't defended Goodwin's actions, I was merely stating that he was a winner. In fact I have been one of Goodwin's biggest critics on here. I was never keen on him being the holding midfielder right from when Danny Lennon started his passing philosophy. Mainly due to him passing the ball left, right and out of play and his lack of positional discipline. I'm not a big fan of Goodwin the footballer, unless he's pinging them in from umpteen yards, but a big fan of Goodwin the antagonist.

Other than that wee mink who kicks police officers and wins the odd penalty, Saint Maureen have nothing. Partick, Ross County and Kilmarnock have all added quality going forward while the Maureens have acquired Djemba-Djemba.

Archived