Golden Boot

Falcao at 25/1 might be worth a punt

Is he not injured? So either out completely or touch and go to make it? Thought it was the latter.

Ronaldo for me. Although he may suffer the same as Messi - I don't think either side, Argentina or Portugal, truly plays up to their strengths. Argentina are obviously a better side collectively than Portugal, but I think Ronaldo's more capable of dragging them single-handedly. I think it'll be a wonderful World Cup for Ronaldo until they eventually get horsed out, and we get to see a greeting Ronaldo face again.

It's a good point about Messi and Argentina in general though. He could have a lot of goals by the time the knockouts come around if he truly plays to his potential. Portugal have a tougher group. Fred/Neymar could be a good shout, as their group if probably just as easy as Argentina's.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p

He won it in 2012 due his last minute assist to Mata. I don't recall him winning it at any other tournament, Muller certainly won it at the 2010 World Cup.

He was joint top scorer in the Confederations Cup with Fred.

On a side note, Gerrard is 12/1 to be top England scorer. Good value given Rooney's poor record in tournaments.

Rooney takes the penalties though, does he not? Penalty takers tend to be decent bets.

He was joint top scorer in the Confederations Cup with Fred.

Alas, Tahiti won't be at the World Cup.

The top scorer will be someone with shite teams, or at least shite defences, in their group. I think it'll be a Brazilian, Argentine or Belgian.

Rooney takes the penalties though, does he not? Penalty takers tend to be decent bets.

Gerrard takes a better penalty IMO.

Better still is Lampard. Is he just there to come on in the knock-out stages after 119 minutes?

Always stick a few people on for top scorer without going for the obvious.

I've went for:

Yaya Toure - 150/1 after the season he's had and in a group with Japan and Greece.

Radamel Falcao - if he makes it got to be worth a punt. Self explanatory.

Josip Drmic - had a good season in front of goal, just earned a move to Leverkusen, and could rack up the goals in the group stages against Honduras and Ecuador. Worth a punt.

Tempted by Dzagoev after he done me good at the Euros last time out,

Quality deal from PP. £20 on a top scorer. Every time he scores you get a free £5 bet.

If who you back finishes top scorer you're laughing plus got to be 30-35quid in free bets.

For people who know more about betting than I do, I've noticed that bookmakers are offering odds on 'Top Goal Scorer' rather than 'Golden Boot'. I know they are pretty similar, but the small writing at the bottom says 'In case of tie dead heat rules apply'. What does that mean?

Does that mean that if two players both get the same number of goals, but one is awarded the Golden Boot due to having more assists, the bookies won't necessarily pay out on them being top goal scorer?

Archived