Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

As has been highlighted there was nothing majorly wrong with the plane. The pilot acted in the completely wrong fashion which resulted in a plane crash. The cockpit had to take full blame for that crash. They realised the error but sadly too late.

If the speedometer on your car malfunctions mid journey you can assess your speed in many other ways. You dont simply crash into the central reservation and then blame your Ford while picking bits of metal from your skull.

quite! Or you wouldnt go to a garage and say my car has had a catastrophic failure.

As has been highlighted there was nothing majorly wrong with the plane. The pilot acted in the completely wrong fashion which resulted in a plane crash. The cockpit had to take full blame for that crash. They realised the error but sadly too late.

If the speedometer on your car malfunctions mid journey you can assess your speed in many other ways. You dont simply crash into the central reservation and then blame your Ford while picking bits of metal from your skull.

What ways do pilots judge their speed similar to car drivers when their speedo is facked?

Wonder why they're overtaking all the planes? Observe that the trees appear to be going by faster than usual? They get flashed by a sky speed camera?

Eta - I know what it is, they get those flashing 'SLOW DOWN' signs when they fly into a built up area.

Edited by Dee Man

How would you 'assess your speed' in an aeroplane 35,000 feet in the air? Look out for overtaking Geese 15,000ft below you? Stick your head out the window? Edited by Tommy Nooka

What ways do pilots judge their speed similar to car drivers when their speedo is facked?

Wonder why they're overtaking all the planes? Observe that the trees appear to be going by faster than usual? They get flashed by a sky speed camera?

Eta - I know what it is, they get those flashing 'SLOW DOWN' signs when they fly into a built up area.

So you're saying the only way a pilot can guage a plane's speed is by looking at a speed dial? Do you really think if that packs in the game is over and it becomes a fatal situation? Of course you dont and the rest of your reply screams of 'look how funny im trying to be' when the reality is you've made yourself to look like a complete moron.

A little concern with the Malaysian authorities statement today to the Chinese relatives..."because of your concern we are willing to FLY you to Malaysia you can be closer to the investigation" what the fucks that all about.

Ok so my family has just disappeared while on a flight from Malaysia, and they want me to get on flight...aye ok then

yes but they are not catastrophic machine failures !Im referring specifically to media speculation that the machine catastrophically failed causing the plane to fall out the sky or disintigrate in the air....this doesnt happen in mordern planes.

Although your right in your reply, it's not impossible for a modern plane to have a catastrophic failure. The very first fly by wire plane crashed due to a catastrophic failure. There have been many engineering failures discovered in recent years that could have resulted in a catastrophic failure. It's an absurd statement to make that it 'just couldn't happen in a modern plane'. It is of course much, much more unlikely with modern technology, maintenance and redundant on board systems but not impossible.

God knows what has happened here, the most logical reasoning would suggest a hijacking gone wrong or a terrorist attack, but usually someone claims responsibility for terrorist attacks or it kind of makes them pointless.

It's a big, isolated part of the world where the plane disappeared and it may take some time to discover what has went wrong, but to claim something has happened or something is 'impossible' right now is mad.

As for the Air France plane, airbus were quick to blame one of the sub contractors and vice versa in lieu of any factual evidence and at the end of the day, the pilot and co-pilot fucked up.

So you're saying the only way a pilot can guage a plane's speed is by looking at a speed dial? Do you really think if that packs in the game is over and it becomes a fatal situation? Of course you dont and the rest of your reply screams of 'look how funny im trying to be' when the reality is you've made yourself to look like a complete moron.

I've got the same amount of idea as to how a pilot assesses his speed without a speedo as you do, ie. none.

You're the brainiac who compared a Boeing 777 flying at 350mph at 35,000ft to a Ford Fiesta.

The rest of your post sounds as if you're ready to burst into tears.

A little concern with the Malaysian authorities statement today to the Chinese relatives..."because of your concern we are willing to FLY you to Malaysia you can be closer to the investigation" what the fucks that all about.

Ok so my family has just disappeared while on a flight from Malaysia, and they want me to get on flight...aye ok then

Should they teleport them?

That will be 'face' coming into it. Your in Thailand, I think. So you know what it can be like here, logic dies when 'face' takes over.

If they want to be closer to the investigation they could just dump them in the sea. ;-)

Should be a relief to the relatives as everyone knows no one dies in The A-Team.

Mr T will be fucking raging when he wakes up dead at the bottom of the South China Sea and finds out they drugged him to get him on that flight.

From David Learmount Chief editor of Aviation and expert in flight saftey... "The likelihood of this having been something catastrophic having happened to the aeroplane, just forget it. It wasn't that. Catastrophic things do not happen to modern aeroplanes. They just don't."

When i read that quote i immediately thought of a smug jerk i had seen on the plane crash program a few days ago on channel 4 and Its the same guy!

I've got the same amount of idea as to how a pilot assesses his speed without a speedo as you do, ie. none.

You're the brainiac who compared a Boeing 777 flying at 350mph at 35,000ft to a Ford Fiesta.

The rest of your post sounds as if you're ready to burst into tears.

I'm sure pilots can get a rough estimate of speed using GPS.