The Alloa Athletic Thread

Another Alloa manager resigns after a defeat from us.

Interesting to see where Alloa go from here. Who's available? Does Chopra have the skills required to step up? Will magic Mike feed his ego by taking the reigns?

I must admit, if I was an Alloa fan I'd be happy with Lennon leaving.

Chopra player-manager?

Could save a wage lol.

This season has been a disaster from the from the start. The failure of a proper pre-season, out of 2 of the cups at the first time of asking and some pretty poor results in the league .

I'm happy with that news, this has been a pretty dire season so far and it's to Danny Lennon's credit that he has realised that. It's all about who we get in now, and I'd like to see us sounding out Darren Young.

Credit to Danny for realizing this season hasn't worked and giving us plenty of time to try and turn things around with some fresh ideas and it gives the new manager a chance to bring players in during the next transfer window something that we didn't have when Paul or Barry left.

I said on the Dumbarton thread that I wouldn't be disappointed if he went and I'm not. I expected us to get relegated after the break up of our great team in the summer but 1 win in 16 in the league and 2 cup exits against bottom tier opposition isn't good enough. Some of his signings were very poor but there are enough decent players in that squad to be doing better than we are. I'd have been happy enough to keep him on in the event of relegation if he had shown enough to suggest he could do well for us in League 1. He didn't. Deserves our thanks for keeping us up last season. Probably regrets not taking the job on a short term basis and bailing out in May with an enhanced reputation, rather than now resigning with the team adrift at the bottom.

Edited by Waspie

Will be interesting to see who we get in. Can't see us going for someone in a job as that would likely mean compensation. There will certainly be plenty applications, including a few interesting ones.

Thanks for keeping us up last year, Danny. and your efforts this season. Pity it hasn't worked.

Shame it didn't work out, but he's made a few strange decisions. We've improved lately (Falkirk aside), but it means nothing when the ball comes straight back once it hits the final third, and he has to take the blame for the toothless shape that the squad's ended up in. Definitely to his credit that he's decided to step aside now, and it'll be one of those much-vaunted learning experiences that he'll hopefully use to get back to winning ways elsewhere,

No idea if Chopra's management material, or if he'd even be interested. Darren Young would be the choice of most, I think, but I don't think we'll get him now. Needs to be a quick appointment, as there's urgent work to be done on the transfer front and Paddy's not a #1 (with the greatest of respect to the work he does).

I'm happy with that news, this has been a pretty dire season so far and it's to Danny Lennon's credit that he has realised that. It's all about who we get in now, and I'd like to see us sounding out Darren Young.

Nah, the guy's rubbish. His comfortable league win and having Albion Rovers sitting in a play-off position have just been dumb luck.

Best just to leave him where he is... :whistle

I've just realised some striking resemblances which has put the shitters right up me. The year we came up with Adamson in charge, by this point in the season, we had 5 points & 1 win with a new manager coming in before Christmas. We finished with 43 points. Don't you fucking dare, Alloa.