The Alloa Athletic Thread

Parry won the 'vers POTY award in our championship season. He didn't get my vote but there's no doubting he's a terrific shot-stopper, good off his line and a confident shouter. Expect him to fumble a few back post crosses, send a by-kick or two out for a shy in each game and pick up a defender's share of bookings over the course of the season.

Edited by Albino Rover

Hope he is better than previous grab from the Diamonds!

Indeed! 

I was impressed by him in our games against QP in 2011/12, despite the fact we put a few goals past him that season. I'd suggest he is a better bet than both goalies who started 2014/15 for us, and indeed the first choice who started last season.

Parry won the 'vers POTY award in our championship season. He didn't get my vote but there's no doubting he's a terrific shot-stopper, good off his line and a confident shouter. Expect him to fumble a few back post crosses, send a by-kick or two out for a shy in each game and pick up a defender's share of bookings over the course of the season.

S'OK, we're used to that.

Might help if our pitch is wider than a bowling alley for next season   :whistle

Think he'll be 1st choice? More confident with him than DC tbh.

As part of the deal we had to bring back another brilliant keeper we signed from Airdrie in the past. Stephen Robertson is returning as goalkeeping coach and will pull double duty and start the season with the number 1 Jersey. Parry will initially be there to provide cover, but he's guaranteed to start at least 4 games as Stephen cannot play in games against his beloved Diamonds.

Heard Chris Mackie from Bo'ness United, small compensation fee agreed.

JR will be up at the legends game to get the final few pieces of the the squad together. I want spider and Jose.