The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its a clear foul. I dont think it has to be a yellow card, particularly when it leads to a red, but its definitely a foul. He's trying to head it but misses the header and barrels through Mackay-Steven while the ball hits him in the shoulder / arm.

Agree with this. Clear foul, although not as bad as I had thought at the time.

5 hours ago, printer said:

Agree with this. Clear foul, although not as bad as I had thought at the time.

Yeah if I'm Hearts I would have been annoyed had it not been given as a foul but not a lot in it. Certainly not enough to merit a second yellow. 

The ref had let both sides go at it first half too- it was competitive in the middle of the park and he let a few things go which I liked. It helped the game. 

Whether he got fed up with it, or for whatever reason he was a bit more whistle happy second half. And Williamsons second yellow contradicted what had gone before. 

Harsh on the kid who didnt once looked phased in the game, and up against some decent experienced players.

14 hours ago, Barneyw said:

Also, I’m disappointed in the decision to send Parry up - romantic notions aside,
It hardly ever brings any benefit and ultimately cost us our slim chance of grabbing a point.

Agree with this also. Not so much from the risk of losing a goal point of view, but think the keeper just gets in the road and puts off the other attackers.

Sending the keeper up just summed up the chaos of the last ten or so minutes. From the red card, goal and all the shenanigans on the touch-line, I couldn’t keep up. Felt so gung-ho and manic. Not particularly overly bothered about losing a third, Neilly is a big boy and when we had taken Thomson off and had the likes of Cawley, Buchanan and co. in the box, not bad throwing in his presence. Obviously didn’t work but hey ho.

Not to disappointed with yesterday, think anything you get off of Hearts is a bonus. Team still slightly imbalanced and lack some creativity and punch up front. If we can sort that out soon, we’re in a good place. Seen a few comments on Twitter persisting with the “Peter Out” patter. Pretty farcical to me. Few tough away games coming up but then we have a massive double header against QoS and Arbroath. The mood could be all so different in a months time.

4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yeah if I'm Hearts I would have been annoyed had it not been given as a foul but not a lot in it. Certainly not enough to merit a second yellow. 

The ref had let both sides go at it first half too- it was competitive in the middle of the park and he let a few things go which I liked. It helped the game. 

Whether he got fed up with it, or for whatever reason he was a bit more whistle happy second half. And Williamsons second yellow contradicted what had gone before. 

Harsh on the kid who didnt once looked phased in the game, and up against some decent experienced players.

Yeah, very soft 2nd yellow.  Felt a bit sorry for the laddie (after the game, naturally - at the time I was cackling like a b*****d)

I thought you looked better here than you did when you beat us in the cup tbh. I mean, Hearts were obviously pretty comfortable winners, but even allowing for our bizarre habit of doing the square root of sod all in the second half of games we're winning at half time, it was fairly 50-50 for much of the second 45 - and that was a sliglty nervous couple of minutes at the end.

Edited by lennyzer0

Great to have another option in attack. Looks to be a big strong boy and scored a decent amount of goals at Stranraer previously. Hopefully he can bring a different a dimension and get a few goals. Cameron is a good name for a big bustling Alloa striker 😍

Must say though, still maintain that adding pace in the attacking areas is absolutely crucial. We are too pedestrian in attack and there aren't options running in behind for the creative players to find or running at opposition defenders. And doubt we'll get the best out of an attacker like Cameron without that kind of threat. So one more please Peter.... 

What did Ayr make of him?
Yes, I know I could ask on their thread, but that's a couple of clicks away and I'm tired.

Asked a few Ayr supporting mates today and they all said they hadn’t seen enough to judge [emoji2371]
He had a bit of hype at Killie a few years ago, i think he might have missed some football through injury since then though.

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

What did Ayr make of him?

Yes, I know I could ask on their thread, but that's a couple of clicks away and I'm tired.

He scored with his first touch, which seemed impressive at the time but it was the only contact with the ball he managed to control whilst in an Ayr jersey. 

Looked very much lost in mens football, got bullied out of games and didn't do much. 

Having said that, we have signed established players at this level who have put in similar performances this season so he may be capable after all.