The Alloa Athletic Thread

15 hours ago, alloagh said:

My elderly Dad (season Ticker holder) has only been able to get the first game on Alloa TV.  He needs an access code? I've tried calling, twitter and via email. can anyone help for tomorrow ? thanks 

Send it to me leodhas@alloaathleticfootball.club

I suspect he'll have the season ticket code - the code was to gift the season ticket to his account. Was only something that needed to be done once.

On 30/12/2020 at 19:50, LeodhasXD said:

You're not a fan though. You're a critic and since your goal is just to antagonise I can just laugh you out the door.

The 'boy doing commentary' volunteered to do the commentary - It would be stupid to suggest to him to do another job on top of that, especially one that requires taking your eyes off the game.

The serious answer is none of those things you'd like to see make any money. While that is the case they will always be an after thought.

Excellent work today with updates. 

Must of been mistaken as I wasn't looking for live match updates. Just a post in the morning about the game, teamlines, HT and FT... Didn't think I was asking too much. 

The mentality of doesn't make money shows a lot. I thought fan engagement and therefore it's knock on of fans buying the game or getting involv d would make money 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Anyway I'll just not voice an opinion. 

1 hour ago, bringbackchopraNOW said:

Anyway I'll just not voice an opinion. 

You're perfectly entitled to voice your opinion, just like other folk are free to think you're havering pish.

Stream and commentary were absolutely bang on today. Whatever changes were made for this week definitely paid off.

One positive that’s definitely came out of all the injuries lately has been O’Donnell getting a run of games. He has been excellent to watch and is playing with way more maturity than his age would suggest. Like that he’s not afraid to get stuck in as well.

Only issue for me this week was the commentary running behind the match nearer the end of the game. Perfect apart from that!

This was the first week it was perfectly in sync for me.

The addition of the replays was also very good, nice to see they weren’t as overused as the Dundee ones during the week!

Lost my stream for a few minutes in the first half but otherwise it was perfect. The comms were in sync too, bang on.

Agree about O'Donnell taking his chance. Uses the ball well, gets into decent positions and as mentioned on the comms uses his body really well too. Hopefully he can keep it going and I think the return of the injured players can help him too, their experience and trickery along with his ability and energy. 

Clearly we also need reinforcements in attack ASAP. 

As for teammlines and ht and ft scores - isn't all of that available alongside live coverage and excellent comms on the match stream? And with a financial boost for the club. Perfectly understandable that the stream takes priority over everything else online on match day this season. 

Still not happy with the picture quality but I get to see the actual output I'm sending. When you guys get it it's a photocopy of a photocopy and despite the '1080p' on the stream its upscaled 720p25 - what I'm sending out is 1080p50... If we go out the Scottish Cup next week I won't mourn it because I get a week off on the 30th. There's a lot of work to do.

The stream from our end was flawless - 0 dropped frames from the network out of 50,000 (150 minutes) and only 0.34 seconds worth dropped from render lag. If anyone had problems - the problem isn't at my end. It's between the content delivery network and end user (you)

Edited by LeodhasXD

To echo what others are saying, the stream was absolutely brilliant this week. The best we’ve had by far. The picture quality wasn’t quite 1080p, but definitely still no worse than 720p. Which is a massive improvement from some weeks, where the Pixleot camera has made it look closer to 360p.

And for the first time, the commentary was in sync for the entirety of the game.

All of this has clearly been the result of lots of hard work behind the scenes - keep up the good work @LeodhasXD.

1 hour ago, liammcintosh01 said:

Would really like to see a couple of additions come in, especially in attacking areas, any chance of this happening soon?

Anyone have any suggestions for obvious targets? Talented young strikers who are struggling to make an impact in the Premiership, or attacking players with good track records who are going through a lean spell?

Presumably going poaching in the lower leagues will be out of the question.

Not sure what the financial situation is and in this strange season the most important thing is that the club survives and emerges as strong as possible. But if there is money in the budget to strengthen then I think it's clear that we need more of a threat up front. A striker would be good but genuine pace on the flanks perhaps just as important. I've been impressed by Innes Murray but he has done his best work deeper and more central. And while Connolly can be effective he doesn't provide the kind of direct threat down the flanks that loans like Zanatta, Hastie or even Shields provided. There are plenty of creative players in our team but pacey options for them to find would make a massive difference. 

Expecting a tough game today against a team who are probably just as strong as us in certain areas. And with the manager's comments about players playing through injury in recent weeks perhaps a few changes to give them a wee break, which would be perfectly understandable in the circumstances. Normally I'd always favour going with a full strength team in the Scottish Cup but with a small squad, lots of injuries and with a great need to get league points on the board in a shortened (and perhaps yet to be shortened further) season, don't see today as a great priority.