The Alloa Athletic Thread

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

I don't know if I have the clout required.

I hear she's a secret follower of the official Alloa Athletic Football Club twitter feed  :whistle

Or, at least, she could be after this.

It won't matter how many on here look for fans not to voice opinion at games,it will happen.Ferguson is taking the club apart a piece at a time,could'nt care less about our opinions,and will just sod off into the sunset if he fails,leaving us an utter shambles.Mulraney must realise fans feelings right now.He has to do something.This is one experiment thats went completely tits up.

Waiting on those who found his appointment quite entertaining,though a horror show is less than good viewing.

For me It’s actually disgusting treatment of a terrific servant & putting sentiment aside who can argue that Neil Parry wasn’t still our real No 1 . Barry has a lot to answer for in many areas so far however on this one I also ask questions of the Goal keeping coach , is he really saying that Neil Parry was our No3? , if so he shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.
What about Paddy that has been at the Recs with so many managers. I hope he has stood up & at least voiced his opinion and not just become a yes man to Barry. 

It’s tough seeing the team you’ve supported as a young lad getting torn apart by a manager who would appear doesn’t have an eye for a player & no man management skills. 

i do worry too of Trouten , Cawley Graham, Robertson, and possibly scougall 

any one of them "falling out with the manager " and i dread to think of the scenes at the recs 

the policing bill will bankrupt Mr Mulraney if this happens,  next home game will be "Scenic " enough i fear .

Edited by Vegetableman

If he had signed a brilliant young keeper on loan etc and parry wasn't getting a game we would have accepted this . But he hasn't. He's signed Hutton and McDowell.

The goalkeeper coach was a disaster as a goalkeeper whilst at Alloa . Both he and McDowell almost relegated us in 2015 when the both of them were useless. We thought we had seen the back of them . 

Actually glad the game is off tomorrow. Totally fed up 

8 hours ago, Jagwasp said:

For me It’s actually disgusting treatment of a terrific servant & putting sentiment aside who can argue that Neil Parry wasn’t still our real No 1 . Barry has a lot to answer for in many areas so far however on this one I also ask questions of the Goal keeping coach , is he really saying that Neil Parry was our No3? , if so he shouldn’t be anywhere near the club.
What about Paddy that has been at the Recs with so many managers. I hope he has stood up & at least voiced his opinion and not just become a yes man to Barry. 

It’s tough seeing the team you’ve supported as a young lad getting torn apart by a manager who would appear doesn’t have an eye for a player & no man management skills. 

I don't believe Paddy has stood up. That's why he has been there so long, he is a yes man. The players who have been there for so long will have lost faith in him as well. 

7 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

i do worry too of Trouten , Cawley Graham, Robertson, and possibly scougall 

any one of them "falling out with the manager " and i dread to think of the scenes at the recs 

the policing bill will bankrupt Mr Mulraney if this happens,  next home game will be "Scenic " enough i fear .

I would say Scougall is safe. He has said he wants to build a team around him! 🤔 As for the others yeah I fear for them, in particular Graham. If he is treated like Parry I won't be back. 

6 hours ago, Oweny said:

If he had signed a brilliant young keeper on loan etc and parry wasn't getting a game we would have accepted this . But he hasn't. He's signed Hutton and McDowell.

The goalkeeper coach was a disaster as a goalkeeper whilst at Alloa . Both he and McDowell almost relegated us in 2015 when the both of them were useless. We thought we had seen the back of them . 

Actually glad the game is off tomorrow. Totally fed up 

He won't sign a young keeper, he has no faith in youth!

8 hours ago, Alloa 68 said:

It's noticeable that those on here that made light of Ferguson's appointment,and found it entertaining,don't seem to post as often as they used to.Finally the penny has dropped.This is now a genuine disaster in the making.

I can't recall anyone "making light" of BF's appointment. Who are you thinking of?

2 hours ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

I don't believe Paddy has stood up. That's why he has been there so long, he is a yes man. The players who have been there for so long will have lost faith in him as well. 

Bit harsh on Paddy. I don't know the guy, but he's been part of a successful Alloa backroom team for a good long while at this point and, even if he has thoughts that Ferguson's a troublemaking roaster, he'll be hoping to keep his place at the club and help sort out the mess once he's gone. You could argue that's a more mature approach than marching into the boardroom, laying down the law, and inevitably being punted.

Unlike the rest of us at our work, football club staff have the benefit of knowing that the boss is very much a temporary appointment, and all things will pass  :P

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Bit harsh on Paddy. I don't know the guy, but he's been part of a successful Alloa backroom team for a good long while at this point and, even if he has thoughts that Ferguson's a troublemaking roaster, he'll be hoping to keep his place at the club and help sort out the mess once he's gone. You could argue that's a more mature approach than marching into the boardroom, laying down the law, and inevitably being punted.

Unlike the rest of us at our work, football club staff have the benefit of knowing that the boss is very much a temporary appointment, and all things will pass  :P

Don't think it is at all. Surely the fact he has been there so long is because a new manager coming in is told he's part of the furniture. If that is the case it means the chairman wants him there. Paddy is in football and his tenure is also temporary imo. If he wants to remain and cares about the club surely he speaks up?!

I do get though that he wants to keep his job and in my work experience most will keep quiet.