The Alloa Athletic Thread

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

What are the odds on us actually getting to the playoffs? The more I watch everyone else the more I think it's still possible.

If we beat Cove on saturday I reckon we're in with a real shout. Queens Park can't beat anyone and Falkirk are dreadful, with the new manager bounce and the players playing with a bit of freedom and confidence, 8 points in 10 games with a game against Queens Park still to come doesn't seem impossible to me.

Spoiler

Complete fantasy talk. We'll finish 6th.

9 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

What are the odds on us actually getting to the playoffs? The more I watch everyone else the more I think it's still possible.

High ............................  we need to keep our feet on the ground here ,  depends on the next stage of the "life of brian"   

After all the enjoyment of BF leaving, Paddy setting the team up well at Dunbarton and Brian Rice picking up the reins, normal service has resumed at the Indodrill.

Yet again the silence is deafening.  

At least the program for Saturday's game against the new Gretna is on the official site👍

16 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

What information are you looking for in the 3 whole days and 1 training session that's occurred since Monday?

Something that we never had from Baz, communication.

The players morale has been lifted now Baz has gone.

Basically anything to confirm Baz leaving isn't a dream.

9 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

Was also hoping you'd have more of a constructive contribution on here after Baz had gone, but hey ho appears not.

On 22/02/2022 at 21:31, LeodhasXD said:

I know we have a good enough squad to do better, but frankly I'll be grateful for improved performances and keeping clear of the drop for now.

Also, please give laughing gravie a call to let him know what colour boxers the new boss wore yesterday  :P

Just now, BFTD said:

I know we have a good enough squad to do better, but frankly I'll be grateful for improved performances and keeping clear of the drop for now.

Also, please give laughing gravie a call to let him know what colour boxers the new boss wore yesterday  :P

Click your Profile > Ignored Users > *fire away" - A very useful tool to keep yourself sane.

I couldn't even care about the football this week. Spent last night watching Europe's longest period of peace getting dismantled by warmongers and the aftermath today. But aye two training sessions and I need to get Brian Rice to write a biography of his Alloa career.

I'll maybe ask if he thinks us getting into the playoffs is harder than the defence of Ukraine. /s

2 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

I'm pretty sure the manager will say something post match. I'm also pretty sure he'll be far more interactive with virtually all with an interest.

The players morale statement is obvious as is the previous incumbent leaving. Gie us a break and be positive. All won't change overnight!😁

On 22/02/2022 at 21:36, AlloaAdam said:

If we beat Cove on saturday I reckon we're in with a real shout. Queens Park can't beat anyone and Falkirk are dreadful, with the new manager bounce and the players playing with a bit of freedom and confidence, 8 points in 10 games with a game against Queens Park still to come doesn't seem impossible to me.

Reveal hidden contents

Complete fantasy talk. We'll finish 6th.

There is optimism and then there is mental ramblings.

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Calm down, we're just enjoying the hype of appointing a new manager.

Give it another two months and you'll be back on the hype train after appointing the 8th great-hope-of-getting-Falkirk-promoted manager.

14 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

I'm pretty sure the manager will say something post match. I'm also pretty sure he'll be far more interactive with virtually all with an interest.

The players morale statement is obvious as is the previous incumbent leaving. Gie us a break and be positive. All won't change overnight!😁

Feed my optimism, that's all I need. Silence doesn't work, hadn't worked for the umpteen years of Alloa silence.

34 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

i have seen some mental ramblings on your thread of late , Rennie must stay !

but really how many managers in one season is the record in scottish football ?

9 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

Feed my optimism, that's all I need. Silence doesn't work, hadn't worked for the umpteen years of Alloa silence.

I still don't understand what you want the club to report this week after the managers appointment. I don't think you know yourself either.

Anyway, as you rightly say in your initial post- match programme is available to download, and there's plenty of information contained within covering present and past. Which is why I find the criticism even more bizarre.