The Alloa Athletic Thread

6 hours ago, airdrieman said:

How's Euan Deveney performed this season? I see you seem to be getting a tune out of Ally Roy which must be a pleasant surprise. 

When we signed Ally roy on loan fro EK !!! i was a bit meh  (no disrespect to EK ) but he has turned out to be a great signing for us , better than Bobby wales who was touted to be the better signing on loan . Although i do think Wales has had poor service to be fair .

22 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

When we signed Ally roy on loan fro EK !!! i was a bit meh  (no disrespect to EK ) but he has turned out to be a great signing for us , better than Bobby wales who was touted to be the better signing on loan . Although i do think Wales has had poor service to be fair .

And he's only eighteen years old.

It's early days in any case and I'm happy for Bobby to start games at the moment.

The team played well on Saturday and if the starting 11 are all fit this week they should play again. Scougall to come on for longer as he returns to fitness. As for Wales, he did well at Stirling and his mazy run for the chance he just missed was superb. Would be daft to drop him after that IMO, give him a few more games and the goals should come. I see Steven played and scored in the friendly against Stenny too so he should be back and that's another great option from the bench. But if possible we should be going for continuity this weekend. 

49 minutes ago, Waspie said:

The team played well on Saturday and if the starting 11 are all fit this week they should play again. Scougall to come on for longer as he returns to fitness. As for Wales, he did well at Stirling and his mazy run for the chance he just missed was superb. Would be daft to drop him after that IMO, give him a few more games and the goals should come. I see Steven played and scored in the friendly against Stenny too so he should be back and that's another great option from the bench. But if possible we should be going for continuity this weekend. 

I'd bring Steven back in for Coulson.

Steven or Coulson probably the hardest to choose. Think Coulson done enough on Saturday to merit keeping his place, you could see from his celebration after his assist how much it meant to him. On the other hard, Steven has been pretty good for us the last month or so and only lost his place due to injury.

If Steven is fit, I'd probably still start Coulson and try to give Steven about half an hour to ease him back in.

A shock but a good move for all parties IMO. He gets to return to full-time football on more money, we get rid of a manager who was pretty average for us and still have plenty time for a new manager to take us up the table. Good luck to him.

Now announce Andy so we can start chasing Falkirk😃

Full credit to Brian Rice for coming in and stabilising the club after the Ferguson debacle. Unfortunately I don't feel that we ever managed to fully push on after that, although again you have to give him credit for getting us to the play offs. I never felt, however, that he got the best out of the good players in the team and at time we were very hard to watch. 

It's all about who we bring in now - an Andy Graham and Kevin Cawley dream team?

Great news for Alloa. Wish Rice all the best at Livingston and a coaching job like this probably suits him much better than being a manager. This is ideal for everyone really as we have enough good players that we were unlikely to be consistently bad enough for him to lose his job, and as such it looked like we were stuck with him and his rather bizarre management on a steady decline. Now he gets back full time in a role that suits him and we get a change. Have to admit I've felt increasingly disillusioned with things under Rice. 

Time to give Andy Graham a shot. 

Edited by Waspie

Just now, Dink said:

Full credit to Brian Rice for coming in and stabilising the club after the Ferguson debacle. Unfortunately I don't feel that we ever managed to fully push on after that, although again you have to give him credit for getting us to the play offs. I never felt, however, that he got the best out of the good players in the team and at time we were very hard to watch. 

It's all about who we bring in now - an Andy Graham and Kevin Cawley dream team?

Yeah agree mate, credit for the mess he pulled us out of and they way he finished that season after the fiasco under Ferguson. Give him credit for getting play-offs but think due to the poor start it wasn't fun to watch but an unexpected announcement tonight. Andy G and Paddy definetly for the weekend but get Kev in an all!

Well we didn't see that coming did we  ?

Good luck to Brian, looks like Andy's time now but who said Ian Mccall  ?

The players might have known on saturday maybe .. hmmm

Edited by Vegetableman

Echo what most are saying about coming in after Ferguson and stabilising the team and also bringing in some good players. Unfortunately he couldn’t consistently get the best out of the squad. Tactics, players out of position, changing team and I feel a man management problem. 
Whoever comes in has a good squad to work with. Onwards and upwards 🐝 

19 minutes ago, Dink said:

Pretty much sums it up for me as well. 

Cracking way to finish his time with us last weekend.