The Alloa Athletic Thread

57 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Murray Miller any good lads? Just signed for us.

What sort of player can we expect? Most of what I have read seems to be positive 

Posted something on your match thread against Cove suggesting he could well be a decent addition. He's comfortable on the ball, not afraid to get stuck in and has a good shot on him from distance. Only thing I'd say from his time with Alloa is that he could have been more assertive but as a young player that should come, and to be fair there were certainly signs he was taking on more responsibility as the season went on. 

I see from Facebook that Billy "Moose" Morrison has passed away. He was a key member of the side when I first started following Alloa (1975/76) and is one of my all-time favourite players. A real character.

RIP Moose.

4 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

That's this weeks episode of the podcast up as we look back at Saturday, review the first quarter of the season and look ahead to the Falkirk game this weekend.

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

Excellent episode, particularly liked the part about us looking much better than what you saw of Hamilton. 

Glad to hear Scougall isn't looking ready for this weekend as he's always a livewire and also surprised to hear Coulson hasn't been playing much of a part as again last season he looked a real threat. 

MacIver's been excellent for us this season, big battering ram that brings others into play and he's managed to add goals to his game this season. Still misses some sitters but we can't complain given he's got 8 goals in 16 appearances so far this season.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Excellent episode, particularly liked the part about us looking much better than what you saw of Hamilton. 

Glad to hear Scougall isn't looking ready for this weekend as he's always a livewire and also surprised to hear Coulson hasn't been playing much of a part as again last season he looked a real threat. 

MacIver's been excellent for us this season, big battering ram that brings others into play and he's managed to add goals to his game this season. Still misses some sitters but we can't complain given he's got 8 goals in 16 appearances so far this season.

I wouldn't describe McIver as a battering ram. 

Think that’s me drifted over to getting rid of the manager. We were an utter shambles today and I don’t see any evidence from any of the games we’ve had this season that that is likely to change any time soon. His signings have basically all been failures and don’t suit the way he’s trying to play, we have no width, no creativity and no defensive shape. Think it’s going to be a long slog till Christmas because I don’t think we’ll get rid any time soon.

The guy up the road from me texted me on his way home today,says that's his last game this season,along with his son.These are by no means the only fans I've heard from in the last few weeks saying the same.We won't get rid,but fans seem to be giving up.The board are always deaf to fans anyway.

I don't think they have the money to sack him,why else is he still there?His record must surely be as bad as Barry Ferguson's,I don't have the stats,but they must be around the same.Get big Andy in charge.Andy was a big reason for our better players staying with us over the last three or four seasons,he convinced them to stick with us.He is respected by every player in the dressing room,and is regarded highly in coaching circles,Andy as gaffer for me.I have every faith he could turn things around.

Edited by Alloa 68

19 minutes ago, Alloa 68 said:

His record must surely be as bad as Barry Ferguson

Only had a quick scan of league results but think BF was P25 W6 D7 L12. 

Rice this season in the league is P11 W3 D2 L6 - slightly better win ratio but worse loss ratio. Since he came in I think his league record (including playoffs) is P59 W26 D10 L23 - much better win % and not much difference in loss % - Rice’s figures definitely benefit from last season and the 10 games he had at the end of season 21/22. 

Incidentally, on a points per game basis, this season so far is identical to Ferguson’s - 1 ppg.