The Alloa Athletic Thread

8 hours ago, Rory said:

Surprised he's on loan at a league two club. Seemed a nice guy, seen him at a game at the Recs after his loan ended.

Was a good shot stopper and had decent distribution. He was iffy coming for crosses which cost us a few goals last season. 

I thought Rangers would have been looking to loan him to a championship club after a season in league one.

Seen a rumour on Twitter about a move to Dunfermline this morning but obviously went to Dumbarton, was a top keeper for us last season and I after his stint at the Recs said I could see him at a Championship side this season but unfortunately for him didn't end up that way, but anyway good luck to him.

Good to ourselves recognised, been playing some great football under Andy since his appointment. Best spell unbeaten wise since the start of the 22/23 season-      (5-0 v Peterhead, 2-4 v Clyde, 2-1 v Montrose, 1-0 v Airdrieonians (TT), 1-1 v Queen of the South) and good from us to get a good run going following our poor start this season. (1-2 v Dunbar, 0-0 v Hamilton, 1-2 v Cove, 2-2 v Montrose, 3-1 v Edinburgh) and hopefully that 5 goes up to 6 games unbeaten on Saturday. 

Edited by LoganAAFC

18 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Podcast episode is up featuring KFC, Brad Rodden, Edinburgh City and QoS.

Thanks to @19QOS19 for joining us again

https://waspsnest.buzzsprout.com

My first listen of the podcast, only 70 episodes too late.

Thought it was really good and covered a lot of topics, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Still don't agree about Roberts but as you said all fans are entitled to their opinion, so respect your viewpoint.

Keep up the good work.

Got a feelingthat we will get him till the season end , i wouldn't think there is any reason to recall him now  Killie seem to be doing just fine 

I think all parties involved will benefit from him staying here  .

19 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Got a feelingthat we will get him till the season end , i wouldn't think there is any reason to recall him now  Killie seem to be doing just fine 

I think all parties involved will benefit from him staying here  .

Think the same as you, if I were Killie I'd rather have him playing week in week out than getting 15/20 minutes off the bench.

Would be different if they get a good offer to buy him though!

Will take a point down at Palmerston but thought we could of took all 3 points but if any team won the other would feel hard done by. Thought Bobby Wales was again superb up-front, thought the changes from the gaffer could of been different but hay ho. Just a quick one, VAR in use next week as its a Premiership ground? 

VAR is optional. We said we didn't want want it - none of our games have it and the referees can't get it right even when they do have it. Understandably Motherwell didn't fancy paying the fees for it themselves so I'm pleased to say no VAR.

It is in the bottom of the Motherwell ticket news post on the website.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Just now, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Id forgotten about that Buckie headline.

Holding off on purchasing the ticket given the weeks weather forecast. Historically I seem to recall Fir Parks surface being prone, but like the VAR query maybe Im right behind with the times on that one too.

Was thinking that myself about the weather this week. I don't have the postponement date to hand either.

I can't remember if Wales or Steven are able to play on Saturday? I think they were both cup tied already?

I'm holding out on getting a ticket till the end of the week too, hopefully it goes ahead as I've got a rare Saturday off this week