The Alloa Athletic Thread

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

I do the website - if you've got Wales it's just cached pages coming up.

rodden didn't reappear  🤔  , i shall cease forthwith ..  i know my place  .😉

Just now, Vegetableman said:

rodden didn't reappear  🤔  , i shall cease forthwith ..  i know my place  .😉

I only took Wales of the other day when the record man updated his piece that it wasn't a recall - his loan was over.

Figured it was public knowledge by then. Rodden was off on Monday.

Only made one late sub appearance last season, where if I remember correctly he was fouled for a last minute penalty equaliser against Falkirk. I think his appearance was more of a play from Brian Rice to show the directors we needed bodies in the door in the January window- but he had a good reputation in the reserves/youth teams.

I watched quite a bit of the youth games with streaming the home fixtures. Luke Rankin in my opinion was far the superior striker. Rayan was physical, but frequently offside and with a touch reminiscent of what we saw with Conor Sammon in the first team.

The foul and penalty won against Falkirk was a handball no? If it was I'll give Mohammed the credit that he was going for the challenge on I assume Brad McKay and forced the error. We got a fee for him and I thought it was good business at the time but he may well have improved at Dundee.

Edited by LeodhasXD

39 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I watched quite a bit of the youth games with streaming the home fixtures. Luke Rankin in my opinion was far the superior striker. Rayan was physical, but frequently offside and with a touch reminiscent of what we saw with Conor Sammon in the first team.

The foul and penalty won against Falkirk was a handball no? If it was I'll give Mohammed the credit that he was going for the challenge on I assume Brad McKay and forced the error. We got a fee for him and I thought it was good business at the time but he may well have improved at Dundee.

You're right I think he turned the defender, who lost his bearings and it struck his hand rather than being fouled. 

11 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Last time I checked Luke was doing well at the Shire. Hope he continues to develop.

I agree he looks a better footballer than Rayan, but someone with the latter's pace and power is always likely to be given a chance at a higher level than might appear apt.

Some thoughts on Bobby Wales (not particularly original). 

I completely get @Kevchenko and @KierenAAFC 's exasperation that we might not see Bobby back at the Indodrill. From his first game he's shown glimpses of a high level of talent.

Initially it was the odd touch or burst of pace, but Andy G's decision to go with him as lead striker (crucially impacted by other changes) has seen him improve game on game. He seems to have pretty much all the attributes to go on and have a career at a good level.

Obviously I don't know what Kilmarnock's plans for Bobby are in the short term, but it seems to me that getting more game time at Alloa would be great for his development.

And clearly for us Alloa fans not to be able to observe that development in the second half of the season and maybe have him help us get a play off spot is a major blow. Let's hope He's back before the end of January.

Edited by printer

4 hours ago, Rory said:

Bit surprised at Sammon over Roy, feel we have to change our play style for Sammo. In before a Sammon hattrick to prove me wrong

It was the right call. Sammo occupied their centre backs well and won a decent number of headers, which is what we needed from our centre forward today. And of course he scored a very good goal.

On 19/01/2024 at 20:06, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Talk to me Wasps

Looked a real prospect in his couple of outings for us . Prolific in the under 18 team . Physically very strong and tough . Good luck to him I was disappointed when he left us 

On BBC I seen Scougs got credit with the assist, I'd be writing in to them if I was Steven!

Good to see Donnelly and Scougs getting minutes, guessing 90 minutes for Scougs wouldn't have been the plan if not for injuries.

Hopefully Stevie, Taggs and Cammy aren't hurt too bad and we can get as strong a team out for the Falkirk game.

Need to find all instances of that Wasp badge that he has and burn them. Made a 3d blender render for the match graphics at the beginning of the highlights. It's still kicking around though.

Made new flat illustrator assets a few years ago that are better.

24 minutes ago, Rory said:

Seen on twitter Killie have got a young Liverpool forward in on loan for the rest of the season, wonder if it makes Wales coming back any more likely

I'm off tomorrow so that timing checks out.

5 hours ago, Rory said:

Seen on twitter Killie have got a young Liverpool forward in on loan for the rest of the season, wonder if it makes Wales coming back any more likely

The boy Killie have signed from Liverpool is a midfielder. They have signed Greg Stewart recently though so you've still got a chance.