The Alloa Athletic Thread

Not sure why we would be signing a third keeper but the manager must have a plan and he has done pretty well with his signings in general. Can't begrudge Cowden till I die his bit of fun, when your team has signed Iain Campbell and Pat Scullion any chance to have a laugh at somebody else needs to be taken.

Not sure why we would be signing a third keeper

I think after McDowell's performance at Livi he must be worried about Gibson not maintaining fitness. The jury is still very much out on Gibson IMO and if there is an opportunity to bring in a better keeper then I think it's a good move. Having said that I don't know much about how good Adam is.

We might need to take Bene back for a little bit. Zero fit CH's for this weekend.

I don't think Dundee are able to do this. Supporters Club had a meeting which Barry Smith and the chairman attended shortly after Benedictus was signed, and they said he can't be recalled during the season.

He had a good debut and I expect he will keep his place at Dumbarton on Saturday.

I don't think Dundee are able to do this. Supporters Club had a meeting which Barry Smith and the chairman attended shortly after Benedictus was signed, and they said he can't be recalled during the season.

He had a good debut and I expect he will keep his place at Dumbarton on Saturday.

Fairly certain you're right here. We have a similar situation with Chris Kane in that it looked like St. Johnstone were short of strikers but it came out that Kane couldn't be recalled until his loan was up in January. I don't know if this is now the rule for all loans or whether this is agreed between clubs.

As far as I am aware, if a loan is from window to window (so August until January for example) then the player cannot be recalled during this time, as technically when the loan takes place, the player is registered to the loan club as their player. This means that if was recalled, he couldn't then be re-registered to his parent club before the next transfer window opens.

This seems to not be the case with emergency loans, which don't seem to follow any sort of rules, other than length of loan.

He's a shit keeper and a bigot. Bullet dodged.

Don't know who Cowden have this season but in his short stint with us he looked better than the diddys Cowden had in goal last season particularly that Usai who looked horrendous.

• 2 weeks later...