The Alloa Athletic Thread

Wasps1 can you tell me what happened to Noel Makombo???

No, no, no. Don't ask him his source will be feeding him with all sorts. As far as I know Alloa would be due a hefty compensation to the club he came from in France (cn't remember which club) as soon as he played a competitive first team match.

How do you go off with a damaged arm after a knee to the ribs?

Dislocated shoulder, according to the official site.

Not sure what happened to the Forfar laddie who was injured earlier, but he sounded in some discomfort and emerged later on crutches. Kerr Hay was the early goalscorer though, and he looked lively throughout, with some nifty footwork from time to time.

Well done on tonight's result. I watched a few minutes at 0-2 and thought the cup was destined to go to Castle Greyskull. You should be more than capable of winning this now. Fat Sally has to be the best manager they have ever had. Oh, wait a minute, he is the only one.

• 5 weeks later...

What do Alloa fans think of the lad at right back (Doyle I think?).

Was drinking with his old man before the game at Tynie a couple of weeks ago and heard how he was on the books with Killie and even Celtic I think although at a very young age.

His old man told us before the game that he's the quickest player in the league. Hard to say for certain but the boy is a whippet. Thought he had a decent game against us.

Was drinking with his old man before the game at Tynie a couple of weeks ago and heard how he was on the books with Killie and even Celtic I think although at a very young age.

His old man told us before the game that he's the quickest player in the league. Hard to say for certain but the boy is a whippet. Thought he had a decent game against us.

Last season he was great, skillful and not shy to beat a player. This season he's coming onto his game now although at the beginning he didn't seem to try beat players instead just crossing from deeper positions. Probably found his level tbh

Must have been the booze talking. Mick is fast player but the fastest in the league I'm not sure, he may not even be the fastest at Alloa? Absolutely sqooshed the 3rd and the 2nd division, however I feel this is his level. Far to inconsistent to make the step up.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see that we have missed out on 4 'top' targets according to the advertiser. Apparently they were offered good money but decided to go full time. It would be interesting to know the names of these players or it could just be a load of tosh. I don't think Smith has the same pull as Hartley with regards players signing up.

It's going to be a tough few weeks with trying to get players signed up along with 2 must win games.

With the Smith connection MacDonald is bound to be one. Barrowman is also another likely one perhaps Caldwell too as you had him on loan?

MacDonald was signed by Bomber after Smith had left. Barrowman, does however, have a Smith connection. Nicky Riley perhaps?

MacDonald was signed by Bomber after Smith had left. Barrowman, does however, have a Smith connection. Nicky Riley perhaps?

Barrowman was a Bomber signing as well. Got him sort of late in the season and decided to basically trial him for the next season.

Indeed.

I would hope McDonald was the only one of these four we were interested in.

Caldwell seriously pissed Barry off on at least one occasion last year and his attitude was generally poor.

No surprise to see him tumble downwards, even if the speed is a little alarming.