The Alloa Athletic Thread

Hopefully Mikey gets himself some first team starts this season. And saves his best performances for the Binos.

I might be crazy, but I swear I remember someone saying that the club had sold about 350 books last season by the end of the early-bird window. My season ticket purchases have increased by 100% since then, so fingers crossed that figure does too :P

Got myself the new top today and I can't say I'm too impressed tbh. The quality is pretty poor with the whole thing looking like a very poor cheap knock off you get on holiday.

Players allocated squad numbers for the season (so far)-

1- McNeil

2- McAusland

3- Hill

4- Reintam

5- Hamilton

6- Marr

7- Duffy

8- O'Brien

10- Holmes

11- Ferns

12- Kader

13- Paun

14- McManus

16- Flannigan

17- Layne

18- Hetherington

20- Williams

21- Crawford

22- Hynd

23- Mitchell

24- Wilson

25- Lynas

Edited to add Aaron Lynas

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Players allocated squad numbers for the season (so far)-

1- McNeil

2- McAusland

3- Hill

4- Reintam

5- Hamilton

6- Marr

7- Duffy

8- O'Brien

10- Holmes

11- Ferns

12- Kader

13- Paun

14- McManus

16- Flannigan

17- Layne

18- Hetherington

20- Williams

21- Crawford

22- Hynd

23- Mitchell

24- Wilson

So, three players still to be signed including a first choice centre forward.

In terms of depth, that's a strong looking squad. Remains to be seen, of course, how they shape up in quality, but pretty excited to see those players in serious action.

Enjoy the weekend btw, mate.

So, three players still to be signed including a first choice centre forward.

In terms of depth, that's a strong looking squad. Remains to be seen, of course, how they shape up in quality, but pretty excited to see those players in serious action.

Enjoy the weekend btw, mate.

Cheers- should be a belter. I'll probably try and stick together some kind of diary thing for either the next supporters club newsletter or match programme.

I think 1 striker or 2 is what the manager is going for and that will be the squad completed for the start of the season. The main reason 9s still free though is because big Geoff apparently didnt want that number.

Edited to add- no decision has been made on who's going to be captain yet as far as anyone knows "outside the dressing room". Would imagine Holmes, Hill and O'Brien would be the front runners.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Edited to add- no decision has been made on who's going to be captain yet as far as anyone knows "outside the dressing room". Would imagine Holmes, Hill and O'Brien would be the front runners.

I think BOB is the favourite, but up to the wee man to decide.

I take it that BBC Alba aren't showing the Championship games this season?

Might as well show BT Sport what they're liable to get from The Rangers games and say: boooooo! :P

Anyone at the game have a stand out? By looks of things Kader did well.

Judging by Twitter he done well.

Nice to see some goals from midfield, hopefully the strikers can get in on the action tomorrow.

Pretty routine win for you lads today against a Locos team that will again occupy mid table in the Highland League. Kader, McAusland and your number 4 at the back stood out for me.

Your number 9 up front with the pink boots reminded me of David Goodwillie for us: holds the ball up well, brings teammates into play but when with the ball himself, run into trouble and made poor decisions in front of goal generally. And what's with number 3 looking like Shaggy Doo?

Decent numbers up from yourselves - loving the pink towel tributes to the keeper