The Alloa Athletic Thread

Guest Asap

Seen you lot took McManus and Duffy on loan from us and they played last night or the night before.

Any idea how they done? Not really seen much of Duffy but McManus is a cracking prospect.

Crawford picked up a knock against Airdrie on Saturday and came off. Don't think it was serious but probably right not to risk him. No idea about McNeil though. Couser has left the club.

That's a shame. Did he have another club lined up?

Seen you lot took McManus and Duffy on loan from us and they played last night or the night before.

Any idea how they done? Not really seen much of Duffy but McManus is a cracking prospect.

Can't say I'd have recognised them, but nobody in particular stood out last night.

Played alright nothing outstanding, still looking to find their feet with the new boys in the squad. Come back in a a few weeks and we should have a better idea of what they can do.

Since wasps1 is giving the game away what strikers do you have that we could be getting? Nesbit?

Edited by Waspy

That's a shame. Did he have another club lined up?.

Not to my knowledge. He was previously at Burntisland Shipyard on loan but haven't heard any news of him signing for another club yet.

Really surprised Simmy hasn't signed for anyone yet, whether he's considered a risk because of his recent injury or whatever. A real shame the way his Alloa career ended, limping off at Livingston back in February. Still early 30s, would stroll League One. Still has a lot to offer.

1st half was pretty decent however it all went a bit typical preseason friendly in the 2nd.

I think Geoff can cause problems but he is far from the finished article. We still need another good forward.

Geoff certainly raw and rough around the edges but is obviously a presence, positional awareness looks fine and he is a threat in the box. Certainly need one more up front, which I'm sure we'll bring in.

If anyone can comfirm which was which, the one that played number 9 seemed good (I think that was Duffy) and the number 6 was decent but nothing special. This was the first game for most of the players together though so you probably cant judge either until maybe the next month or so.

Not to my knowledge. He was previously at Burntisland Shipyard on loan but haven't heard any news of him signing for another club yet.

Really surprised Simmy hasn't signed for anyone yet, whether he's considered a risk because of his recent injury or whatever. A real shame the way his Alloa career ended, limping off at Livingston back in February. Still early 30s, would stroll League One. Still has a lot to offer.

Maybe holding out for too much cash, like Big Ben supposedly was. If his injury's definitely cleared up, perhaps there's still a chance that the Lennonator might try to get him back in the squad.

Maybe holding out for too much cash, like Big Ben supposedly was. If his injury's definitely cleared up, perhaps there's still a chance that the Lennonator might try to get him back in the squad.

He was released so I doubt DL has any plans of bringing him back.

I'm quite surprised about Cowser though was he released or did he leave? I had been told a few times he was really good and one for the future.

I'm quite surprised about Cowser though was he released or did he leave? I had been told a few times he was really good and one for the future.

Obviously not ready for the first team yet, but always seemed to do a decent job in the reserves. Must admit to being a bit surprised too, which is why I was wondering if he'd had an offer from elsewhere.

Obviously not ready for the first team yet, but always seemed to do a decent job in the reserves. Must admit to being a bit surprised too, which is why I was wondering if he'd had an offer from elsewhere.

That first keeper on Tuesday looked pretty shaky, confident he was but his kicking was brutal and I think if he had been tested enough we may have been in trouble. Surely cowser was closer to the first team than him.

That first keeper on Tuesday looked pretty shaky, confident he was but his kicking was brutal and I think if he had been tested enough we may have been in trouble. Surely cowser was closer to the first team than him.

They boys in goals on tue were only young lads from the youth teams.

They boys in goals on tue were only young lads from the youth teams.

Aye, they looked it. Interesting choice; I assume the boss is happy with his senior keepers' preparation so far.

Aye, they looked it. Interesting choice; I assume the boss is happy with his senior keepers' preparation so far.

McNeill is on holiday and DC is injured.

McNeil didnt play any part in the Airdrie game either, so he must have had an agreed reason to miss the two matches. Crawford as mentioned tweaked his groin against Airdrie so assume he wasnt risked on this basis.

I doubt Simmys wages are outwith the reaches of the higher level part time clubs, and would expect any manager who has done their homework would realise he's a decent option for them. Going back to Ben again, he was always going to give full time football a go after jacking in his job- the money on offer from Alloa wouldnt have been a factor. As far as Im aware, Ben had two concrete offers-quite surprised he only got a one year deal though (I think).

Edit- Waspy has explained the McNeil absence

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)