The Alloa Athletic Thread

I believe emergency loans dont count, so we still have 2 remaining.

Emergency loans DO count. Each club can have up to 5 emergency or standard loans in one season, though only four at any one time and only one of the players can be a designated over 21 year old.

In addition to this you can have a further 3 development loans.

There are limits to the number of loans from each club too - 2 loans + 1 development loan from the same club or 1 loan + 1 development loan if that club is in the same division.

Emergency loans DO count. Each club can have up to 5 emergency or standard loans in one season, though only four at any one time and only one of the players can be a designated over 21 year old.

In addition to this you can have a further 3 development loans.

There are limits to the number of loans from each club too - 2 loans + 1 development loan from the same club or 1 loan + 1 development loan if that club is in the same division.

Going by this we should still have 2 loans then anyway as mcmanus is a development loan I think.

On the caddis talk the one thing I always remember from him at the club was against Raith rovers he came off the bench and his first touch he just ran the ball straight off the park.

I think I'd like to see us at least go in for him though because he now has top flight and European experience and I think will be a much better player now than he was then.

McKenna was recalled after Aberdeen sold one of their defenders in the January window. He was only an emergency loan anyway.

Pity as McKenna has been class. Dougie Hill has also found form playing beside him.

Still the possibility that Doyler will be back, I suppose if Cork decide against offering him a deal, but I hope he gets taken on there.

Finnie's a cracking signing for you guys, and I'm pleased to see him playing at a good level. He was superb for us when he was only 16/17 and undoubtedly has the talent to play at a higher level than this.

Loves a cryptic/Nandos Ballerz ladz tweet mind you

We are well covered for the positions Caddis plays IMO. So I don't see us going for him. Unless of course we can't get anyone else.

As far as I know jack Ross wanted an attacking midfielder and a defender. If caddis comes in it gives the opportunity for maybe a winger to play more central in that attacking midfield position. And am I right in thinking caddis played through the middle a couple times for us in his loan spell or have I made that up?

Looks like a good signing.

Please God that Mitch Megginson isn't our only signing up front, or it won't matter much.

Mitch played out wide at the weekend and I thought he had a really good game. (second best alloa player on the pitch behind mckenna imo)

As far as I know jack Ross wanted an attacking midfielder and a defender.

Really? Where did you hear this?

I hope he also wants a goal scorer, seeing as our current strikers have three goals (including one penalty) between them this season.

Ta. No doubt announced at training tonight.

Yes- there was a bounce game on tonight against Cowdenbeath. Finnie didn't play in the game though. Mainly fringe guys plus Robbie Crawford and Holmes. Pretty half hearted affair from both sides though. Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Mitch played out wide at the weekend and I thought he had a really good game. (second best alloa player on the pitch behind mckenna imo)

That's good; I wasn't having a go at him at all. Hopefully he turns out to be a cracking signing for all concerned. But it he's been brought in as our goalscorer, then we're hoping for miracles.

We were all happy enough for Greig Spence to move on at the end of last season, but he's looking mighty attractive nowadays :lol:

That's good; I wasn't having a go at him at all. Hopefully he turns out to be a cracking signing for all concerned. But it he's been brought in as our goalscorer, then we're hoping for miracles.

We were all happy enough for Greig Spence to move on at the end of last season, but he's looking mighty attractive nowadays :lol:

I'd have kept Greig on.