The Alloa Athletic Thread

Is Paddy staying on?

Is it not already confirmed paddy's leaving?

Has Paddy any ambitions to be a manager in his own right? You'd have thought that if he had, he'd have been given the nod before now.

Paddy has a high paying job outwith football and AFAIK doesn't want to give that up to pursue a management career.

Paddy has a high paying job outwith football and AFAIK doesn't want to give that up to pursue a management career.

It's nice that Ben Gordon's old bosses found a replacement so quickly.

Fantastic news and hopefully he gets some players tied down for next year soonish. I'd offer the back for that's been starting recently contracts, looked for more solid recently and would definitely be good enough for league 1. Holmes, Flanny and Hetherington would also get the nod as well as Mitch.

Doyle finally played for us tonight, and by f**k, hes absolutely rapid.

Did he put any crosses right over the opposite side of the stadium? Generally a good player but f**k his crosses aren't up to much. How did he get on?

Did he put any crosses right over the opposite side of the stadium? Generally a good player but f**k his crosses aren't up to much. How did he get on?

Nah he was only for about five minutes at the end of the match, and most of his work was defensive. Looked absolutely desperate to be involved though. 

Nah he was only for about five minutes at the end of the match, and most of his work was defensive. Looked absolutely desperate to be involved though.

Yeah he loves getting involved and has a work ethic on the pitch which is second to none.

Few clubs are getting players signed up for next season already. I know Alloa normally do this in the summer but it would be good to get the likes of Marr signed up ASAP. Could easily be poached by Dumbarton etc.

I have a sneaky feeling you could be right there.  If Livi go down with you guys I can see us trying to cherry pick a few from both clubs.