The Alloa Athletic Thread

Ferns and Layne are already signed for next year, mate.

Please be on the wind up Printer surely we are not stuck with Ferns for another season, if so who re-signed him, can't imagine it was Ross

No reason not to get busy with the signing; everyone already knows our situation for next season, even down to the state of the pitch.

No offence to Eddie, but I'm similarly amazed at the idea that he'll still be with us.

Marr has already said he wants to stay at Alloa so hopefully the manager can get it sorted. Not sure there are many others who will be targets for other clubs. Gallacher certainly. Flannigan if he didn't have such persistent injury problems.

I'd be very surprised if Eddie is retained. I suspect the managerial changes each season saved him previously. Be better for him to go and play regularly somewhere. I hoped Isaac would kick on but unfortunately haven't seen anything to suggest he is going to.

I think we've seen Isaac is more than capable in League one and in a better team I think he'd flourish in league 1. He has something about him and showed it when he got back, however he was then deployed a lone striker at the likes of Easter Road which was totally ineffective. Feel he's been unfairly treated and deserves a bash in league one.

I wouldn't be worried about losing Flanny, his injuries will put off clubs tbh. Only Marr and Galla I'd be worried about losing.

Hoping Holmer has another year in him and hoping Hetherington will stick around as he will be absolutely vital next season!

Youth players - Lynas, Hynd, Hardie, Wilson & McLelland all have to be given a chance as well next season.

Last player who's rose a few questions is Mitch. If nobody goes I for him I'd sign him up straight away!

I think we've seen Isaac is more than capable in League one and in a better team I think he'd flourish in league 1.

I don't think we've seen that at all.

Not sure what you mean by in a better team.

I would guess Dumbarton may take a look at one or two of our players, just as they did last summer.

No-one confirmed to be signing as of yet, but I know the manager has begun actively looking at his squad for next season (as youd expect)

Our scout said as much in the paper a few weeks back. I'd hope we're looking at Gallacher and Marr and I was impressed by Hetherington against us in March but I'm not sure if that was a one off.

You can have Kevin Cawley back in return. If our manager isn't going to play him through the middle then it's pointless having him.

Our scout said as much in the paper a few weeks back. I'd hope we're looking at Gallacher and Marr and I was impressed by Hetherington against us in March but I'm not sure if that was a one off.

You can have Kevin Cawley back in return. If our manager isn't going to play him through the middle then it's pointless having him.

Gallacher wants to go back full-time and seems to be expected to do so, indeed Jack Ross was quoted at the weekend pretty much saying we only had him because Ross knows him. Would certainly be a great signing for Dumbarton, but probably an unlikely one. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Dumbarton had a look at Marr, although injury problems might be an issue, and Hill, who is a pretty solid part-time CB. Hetherington has done well in recent weeks and I'd hope we keep him, but not convinced he really improves Dumbarton. Flannigan would, but with his injuries he wouldn't be a great signing I don't think.

This time last year felt like the end of an era at Alloa. The team had won back to back promotions, secured a third season at this level, reached a cup final and managed several famous results against much bigger clubs. I think a lot of that group felt they didn't have anything left to do at Alloa. 

Despite the fact that we're just been relegated, I think there is a different and more upbeat feeling surrounding the club now. Jack Ross has lifted the place and steered us to a more respectable final points tally, when at one point we looked in danger of setting a record for the worst finish ever. We have gone down fighting and team is transformed. I think there is a decent chance that those who are offered new deals will be keen to stay and be part of the Jack Ross era. The grass isn't always greener on the other side either, as a few of our old stalwarts have seen this season. 

Edited by Waspie

Absolutely buzzing for the Fort William game. The fort have improved quite a bit over the past 2 season but I would still expect a decent score line in our favour.