The Alloa Athletic Thread

They say when u leave the Wasps the only way is Down !!!!

But one will return tonight maybe two !!!

So, as long as Wasps 1 is not talking shite (i know a bit of a long shot) who are we going for guys for returning, surely one of:

Cawley, Spence, Lister or Gordon ??

So, as long as Wasps 1 is not talking shite (i know a bit of a long shot) who are we going for guys for returning, surely one of:

Cawley, Spence, Lister or Gordon ??

Gordon's had another good season for us in championship - I think he'll stay there another season

Stunned that McCord's at Arbroath. Must have had a real shitemare at Raith that nobody higher than the second-worst SPFL side of 2015/16 was in for him.

No chance of Big Ben coming back, I wouldn't have thought. We probably shouldn't have let Spence go last season, and it looks like he had a great year in a poor League One side this season. Wid.

Stunned that McCord's at Arbroath. Must have had a real shitemare at Raith that nobody higher than the second-worst SPFL side of 2015/16 was in for him.

No chance of Big Ben coming back, I wouldn't have thought. We probably shouldn't have let Spence go last season, and it looks like he had a great year in a poor League One side this season. Wid.

I think the close proximity to his house would have been a deal breaker for McCord, rather than no-one looking at him. I think he would probably walk into every League 1 first 11.

Think Spence will get full time offer, certainly from the chat thats going about. Would be great to have him back at Alloa again of course, but cant see it at the moment.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

I'm certain that we wouldn't of been the only club in for him. Yes we finished second bottom but it's a one off, we have had a clear out and a new manager brought in.

He'll have still gotten a very good PT offer from us. Guaranteed.

It's scary that Lumsden would've spent a decent amount in comparison to other teams in the league and left us where he did. Hopefully get back up this year and start challenging at the right end of L1 under Dick like we should be.

Happened to be at Edinburgh Airport today and saw Juan Calderon and Javier Payo at the arrivals desk.

Still cant believe Accies sent the mercurial Payo back to Spain.

I saw Ally Dick in a local pub very agitated watching his beloved Spurs slump to defeat on Sunday. It all makes sense now.

Players allocated squad numbers for the season (so far)-

1- McNeil

2- McAusland

3- Hill

4- Reintam

5- Hamilton

6- Marr

7- Duffy

8- O'Brien

10- Holmes

11- Ferns

12- Kader

13- Paun

14- McManus

16- Flannigan

17- Layne

18- Hetherington

20- Williams

21- Crawford

22- Hynd

23- Mitchell

24- Wilson

25- Lynas

Edited to add Aaron Lynas

Was reading through our stuff from pre-season. 5 of these players gone before the season had even finished. Geoff very highly rated by us in pre-season but wasn't up to it after that.

Edited by Wilkinson1998

Was reading through our stuff from pre-season. 5 of these players gone before the season had even finished. Geoff very highly rated by us in pre-season but wasn't up to it after that.

The Geoff praise was all mainly cult hero stuff. I thought he might do a turn for us as impact sub at best to be honest.