The Alloa Athletic Thread

Am I being totally whooshed by the pair of you?

Talking of pairs I do believe the club are still hoping to bring in Hamed Sacko as well. If Ebanda and Sacko can re-create the Raith magic then we'll be back at this level very, very soon.

Was surprised when Hamilton was linked, but if Dick can convince McCord to come down to league 2 I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to convince Hamilton back.

if Jack offers Hammy a deal, he'll take it without giving it a second thought. He's really keen to stay at Alloa as said above.

Great to see wee Kevin back in Alloa colours, he shouldn't have left in the first place IMO. A great player at this level, same with Holmes.

Edited by Waspy

I know i'm probably not welcome here but we (Stirling Albion) have been linked with Eddie Ferns, how was he for use last season

I love Eddie! Should do a job for you lot.

I know i'm probably not welcome here but we (Stirling Albion) have been linked with Eddie Ferns, how was he for use last season

Get him signed up on a big wage, even if you have to cut back on other players. Promoted by Christmas, NAP.

Is that Hammy away then? Bit disappointed, as he'd been playing quite well, apart from his dreadful passing. Would probably have been a good centre-half for us next season, as mentioned by many folk.

I know many disagree, but I thought Omar Kader looked like he could've turned into something decent, so that's quite a trio of signings that Arbroath have made. Looks like a good season in the offing. Just don't f**k it up like a couple of seasons back   :P

Arbroath not hanging around, splashing the cash big time if Hammy goes there along with McCord.

Great to see the wee man sign up again. Hopefully get Marr tied up ASAP

Dunno if I'd say that. Ive always said that we are in a position to offer a good PT deal. Average crowd last year was 651, 4th best out of all the PT crowds in bottom 2 leagues, when we finished 9th and won 11 games from 36. 15 games in 15 month all in. Decent money going into the club that.

No idea whether Hamilton has or hasn't signed but again it would be some coup, a very good player that would be a good player for every team in the bottom 2 leagues and could possibly even be a starter/squad player in the championship.

If he signs I think it's safe to say DC knows how to sell a player on a club. We have just finished 9th after having a horrendous year yet here he is getting guys in that could do jobs in a higher league. I'd be over the moon.

Wouldn't take this as gospel yet it's all just hearsay, wouldn't be surprised if he has actually signed for you guys again.

Was surprised when Hamilton was linked, but if Dick can convince McCord to come down to league 2 I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to convince Hamilton back.

Completely different set of circumstances.

You Sure about that?

No-one sat in the managers office listening in while he was speaking to Colin Hamilton, so no-ones sure.

However based on speaking to him on occasion during and at the end of the season, and based on the views of others who chat to him regularly  it would be a surprise if he left of his own accord. Unless Arbroath have offered him a substantially higher wage.

Rutherford ultimately failed to make any sort of proper impact after a promising start. Good player I thought but finishing not up to it for a striker. Rumoured to maybe be Montrose bound.

Thats a shame, was hopeful he would do well. How was Mark Williams? He's been released.

Thats a shame, was hopeful he would do well. How was Mark Williams? He's been released.

Williams was quite good. But he looked quite good in an absolutely terrible team so hard to judge. He'll get another club no problem though I'm sure, probably in league 2.

No idea whether Hamilton has or hasn't signed but again it would be some coup, a very good player that would be a good player for every team in the bottom 2 leagues and could possibly even be a starter/squad player in the championship.

In truth the Championship was a struggle for Hammy, particularly the first few months. He deserves great credit for working hard and doing much better after christmas, when he concentrated on doing the defensive basics. Had some fine games towards the end of the season. Personally I was undecided about whether or not he should get a new deal, but given we're going to be in League 1 I would say he is worth a contract. Not great going forward, but solid in defence. No disaster if he does leave though, the excitement from Arbroath fans over his possible signing is well over the top in my opinion.

In truth the Championship was a struggle for Hammy, particularly the first few months. He deserves great credit for working hard and doing much better after christmas, when he concentrated on doing the defensive basics. Had some fine games towards the end of the season. Personally I was undecided about whether or not he should get a new deal, but given we're going to be in League 1 I would say he is worth a contract. Not great going forward, but solid in defence. No disaster if he does leave though, the excitement from Arbroath fans over his possible signing is well over the top in my opinion.

Agree, but I dont think he was helped by the tactics at that point in the season. He openly admits he really struggled at the start.

On a more important note, do you still have the photo of Dick Campbell celebrating on the pitch last season?

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

The fact that he could be another very good addition to our squad. He'd probably be the best left back in league 2. I'd be delighted. You've also not just sat and watched us for the last year, it's good to see us being linked with actual football players again!!!!! :P