The Alloa Athletic Thread

If you'd watched us last season you'd understand the excitement at even a link with decent players

Tbh he's been pretty good since Jack Ross came in. Wouldn't be overly disappointed if he left, I'm sure there's better Left backs out there. 

Marr is the only one of the remaining players that I desperately want to keep.

Agree, but I dont think he was helped by the tactics at that point in the season. He openly admits he really struggled at the start.

On a more important note, do you still have the photo of Dick Campbell celebrating on the pitch last season?

That's a fair point about tactics.

post-175-0-93470100-1462979775_thumb.jpg

By the way, are you still looking for help around the ground this summer?

"One day I called Hervé Ebanda into my office, and told him that he had no chance, and he eventually agreed with me and told me that he’d hardly played any eleven-a side-football. He proceeded to tell me that he knew that he wouldn’t make it as a footballer, but he would happily stay around the club and paint my office and do general handy work about the place.â€

That's a fair point about tactics.

attachicon.gifDICKS.jpg

I remember thinking Hammy should just go back to basics and hold his position, gradually build the confidence back into his game. Every training session and game Im watching Danny Lennon shouting at him "push up Hammy...push up"  :lol:

I take a bit of solace in the fact that we all thought Daryll Meggatt was fairly bog standard in his first season- not too popular didnt venture forward much, very unspectacular- but he turned into a very accomplished defender and very highly regarded by the supporters.

Thats a great photo :thumsup2 - and your file name is so very apt.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Hammy last week-

"fingers cross I have done enough to show the gaffer I'm worthy of a new deal for next season. I would be delighted to stay for another year"

What is this guy playing at hahah?!

Money talks and bullshit goes to Arbroath.

He must have enjoyed playing with Dick at Forfar, I guess.

Either that or we offered him his own weight in chips as a weekly wage.