The Alloa Athletic Thread

Jack has seen him over the past 8 weeks so he must be happy with his level of fitness . He might get a full 90 mins Monday nite vs Albion Rovers at home 

Good game to watch with Hynd Wilson Hoggan and Layne all getting a run out 

Genuinely in disbelief that he managed to get a gig at Championship Cowdenbeath (at the time) and now a very good Alloa side. Fair play to the lad he's obviously worked hard at it since leaving us. You mention he's made up for lack of cover, what position you talking about? Played centre back, central midfield and up front for us.

I'd imagine it would be centre half cover as thats where he played for us in pre season, would you say thats his best position?

On 21/08/2016 at 09:27, Wasps1 said:

Jack has seen him over the past 8 weeks so he must be happy with his level of fitness . He might get a full 90 mins Monday nite vs Albion Rovers at home 

Alloa won 3-1 ....fairly comfortable result and should have scored more

Greene and Martin had Albion defenders on toast at times ...what I would call good old fashioned wingers running at defenders and causing havoc

Regarding centre halfs both Allison and Crumlish worked really well winning everything in the air and spreading balls about from the back ,not scared of a tackle and doubled up well on long balls over the top  covering each other ....Albion strikers never got a look in

Wilson ,Hoggan & Hynde played well especially Hynde  covering every blade of grass and scoring 2 I think   

Edited by holsten

Not a bad game- Hynds second goal was a beauty. Hoggan developing well- looks too accomplished for the reserves now and ready to push on to first team football. If an opportunity arises this season, I think he's got every chance of taking it and becoming a regular.

Isaac has done well to get a few goals but is kidding himself if he thinks he has done enough to merit a starting place every week. The starting team has been doing really well and he can have no complaints about being used from the bench. He should have had a bit more patience and waited for a chance to get a few games, it was bound to come at some point. Spence is clearly first choice and Longworth, IMO, brings much more as an all round footballer than Isaac. To be honest, I'd also prefer Kirkpatrick and Kev up front to him. What Isaac does bring though is power and pace, a combination we don't really have with the other players. For that reason he was decent to have around the place, whatever his other limitations. Hopefully Longworth won't be out for long. Perhaps a chance will open up for for Scott Hynd now.

It will be interesting to see if he does score for fun in League 2. As I said above, he is strong and pretty quick. His movement is poor though, his touch isn't great, and I don't think he is particularly composed when he has a chance. That's why he has never been able to get a regular game for Alloa. There are attributes there you can work with, but I wouldn't say it's a given that he'll score a lot.