The Alloa Athletic Thread

Zdravko Karadachi, glad he's going by Zack[emoji38]
Can you imagine wasps1 trying to do that name in the teamsheets[emoji38]
Just watched his promotional video on YouTube. Shows off all his skills, including "insertion" and "combinability".

1 hour ago, AlloaAdam said:

Anyone know what the story is with galt and why he hasnt played in any of the friendlies?

Yes. He's been having migraines apparently so missed Saturday. Before that he was on holiday.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Yes, didnt have a good game tonight in my opinion. He got taken off at half time, i would assume he will sign though.

I thought he done alright tonight before going off...would be happy to sign him...

Number 14 not good enough for the championship. Liam Dick would be a gamble The boy Gait from Qp not been seen in any pre season games short of 4 players 2 Strikers left back and one centre half pre season is getting on now and still no news on new faces 

Encouraging display last night in what was a pretty even game. Falkirk will likely challenge near the top this year and there wasn't much between the teams.

The way we lost both goals was disappointing with each coming from headers back across goal. Zak looks a player and his pace would compliment Big Andy.

Clearly we still lack quality at this level up front, but having said that Greig Spence looks a better all round player, in particular in terms of his link up play and physicality.

Jake Hastie looked a bit off the pace I thought, but he's quick and strong and will hopefully improve quickly.

I agree, team shape and all round play was much more of what is needed for championship level. I would take a punt on trialists 4, 14 and 15. I'm still concerned about lack of signings to give depth to the squad especially up front. Hopefully there is 2 or 3 loanees to come in. Anyone know why official website is down??

Number 14 not good enough for the championship. Liam Dick would be a gamble The boy Gait from Qp not been seen in any pre season games short of 4 players 2 Strikers left back and one centre half pre season is getting on now and still no news on new faces 
^^^^^^^
Glass half empty. [emoji4]

I agree, team shape and all round play was much more of what is needed for championship level. I would take a punt on trialists 4, 14 and 15. I'm still concerned about lack of signings to give depth to the squad especially up front. Hopefully there is 2 or 3 loanees to come in. Anyone know why official website is down??
Yeah, we clearly need at least three quality players, and I'm sure we will try and address that through loans if required.

1 hour ago, OldCrabbitWasp said:

Website may be closed while they make the Homepage narrower.

Another decent performance last night, think the defence that went out first half looked solid enough and when hetherington comes back in that will be a solid enough base. Still need a couple for cover there though, loans might be the best way. Trouten and spence are linking up well so far and both look sharp so should get a few goals out of each of them this season, and hastie looks like a great signing, his pace must be a nightmare to defend against that so we need to utilise that this season.

Weve got a decent starting 11 now, if the two trialist defenders sign, and a team which can definitely compete, but we need a lot more depth as its going to be a long season.