The Alloa Athletic Thread

Broque Watson looks like one of your trialists today.

Yep, he was. That’s the only one I recognised from Scottish lower leagues. One random one who’s been abroad and down South and a few younger looking boys made the bench up.

Not much of a game today, as expected. Thought Andy Stirling looked good, a few mazy runs and a decent finish. The boy O’Donnell from the youth system didn’t look out of place in a hard, physical game.

Was on the lookout for any managerial candidates looking on. Unsurprisingly, I failed. Hopefully done swiftly so he can get some of the pre-season with these guys!

How would you feel if that were to happen ? 

He’s definitely got a point to prove after the turn of bad form at the tail end of last season. He’s built a very strong squad, one of the strongest in years, in what’s going to be a very tough league. I wish him all the best if he goes , but it would be a shame to see him go and not
Work with the squad he’s built. It would come at an appropriate time when a certain manager is available...

the drastic collapse last season wth EF puts me off him.
Every manager, no matter how good has blemishes on their record over time. Generally Darren has done well in management and I wouldn't have a problem if he was given a chance at Alloa. Having said that, I expect his chance has gone. Can never tell though.