The Alloa Athletic Thread

Kenny Shiels never had 5 months at Morton disaster

Happy with people like

Adams Elvis Lennon Stark

I agree about Shiels. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

The only one of the four you mention I'd be happy with going forwards would be Danny Lennon. I'd take Pressley to the end of the year.

It might be that Paddy Connolly is the best bet to see us through the rest of the season.

It is clear that Mulraney has Celtic sympathys. He has turned us into a mini Celtic with his appointments. He's not an Alloa fan, never has been. As someone who has known him since he was 16, I don't trust him to appoint a competent manager unless he takes his green tinted spectacles off. Why do we depeche mode songs before Alloa games for goodness sake?

It is clear that Mulraney has Celtic sympathys. He has turned us into a mini Celtic with his appointments. He's not an Alloa fan, never has been. As someone who has known him since he was 16, I don't trust him to appoint a competent manager unless he takes his green tinted spectacles off. Why do we depeche mode songs before Alloa games for goodness sake?

Nae offence likes but this sounds like the ramblings of a Rangers fan.

Hartley was ex-Celtic and he was a terrific manager, Smith did a decent enough job so (as an outsider) it looks like Michael has done a decent job as Chairman.

Programme Contributor, on 07 Mar 2015 - 20:59, said:

You what? 'Mini-Celtic' appointments?

Barry Smith may have started his career at that club but literally no-one would associate him with them. Hartley maybe more so, but then again, that's tenuous as just as many people will associate him with Hearts as they would Celtic.

Find that a very very strange post. Paul Hartley was a great choice of a young man looking to get into the Management side of the game and took our club to another level in two years . Yes played for Celtic big deal

Then Barry was appointed and to some extent done a fair job with Ltd funds compaired to other championship teams . Spent a short Time at celtic big deal

In my 5 years at the club I have never seen a connection between us and Celtic

That`s absolute crap.

You`ve obviously got a problem with Celtic or Mulraney, but to say he has Celtic sympathies because of his Hartley/Smith appointments is just a joke.

Why not trust him to appoint a competent manager? Would you not consider him as a successful chairman?

I think back to before he took control of the club, and comparing that to our situation now, I would consider his tenure to be a successful one. I`m personally glad he is our chairman and hope he remains to be for some time.

What? Mike puts 100% effort into the club and if he does sign someone who is associated with Celtic then so be it. If they do a good job then who the f**k cares. Mini Celtic? Never seen us play in green and white.

:lol: belter.

Stop playing Depeche Mode would be a start

Why? Because you don`t like it? Is there anything else you would like the club to change just because you don`t like it?

You really are coming across as a bit of a tool here.

Could you answer my question - Would you agree that Mike Mulraney has, so far, been a success as Alloa Athletic Chairman?

31 points from 47 league games is an utterly atrocious record for a manager at any level, so he probably jumped before he was pushed. He just doesn't seem like a manager - he's a complete charisma vacuum and he has a general air of failure about him. He's probably best returning to the youth coaching or working as someone's assistant.

31 points from 47 league games is an utterly atrocious record for a manager at any level, so he probably jumped before he was pushed. He just doesn't seem like a manager - he's a complete charisma vacuum and he has a general air of failure about him. He's probably best returning to the youth coaching or working as someone's assistant.

His league record was poor enough without you making it worse, I make it 29 points from 42 games. Alloa did get a draw at Dens in the first game after his appointment but he wasn't in charge that day so I am not counting it.

It also has to be remembered that he was in charge for some of the best results in Alloa's history and whilst the overall record was poor, the football and level of performance was generally much better than the results suggested. I'm not disagreeing with the thrust of your argument that Barry is probably not suited to management and I didn't think he was the man to lead us long term but it's also not as black as white as saying he was a complete failure, as some are suggesting.

Stop playing Depeche Mode would be a start

That cd which has many songs on it hasnt been used for over a year . But I have some culture club if you want

To say MM isnt a Alloa fc fan and never has been is shocking . His commitment to the club is 110% . And am 110% Sure this club would not be where it is today with out him .

His league record was poor enough without you making it worse, I make it 29 points from 42 games. Alloa did get a draw at Dens in the first game after his appointment but he wasn't in charge that day so I am not counting it.

It also has to be remembered that he was in charge for some of the best results in Alloa's history and whilst the overall record was poor, the football and level of performance was generally much better than the results suggested. I'm not disagreeing with the thrust of your argument that Barry is probably not suited to management and I didn't think he was the man to lead us long term but it's also not as black as white as saying he was a complete failure, as some are suggesting.

Completely agree.