The Alloa Athletic Thread

1 minute ago, Waspie said:

I looked back and I bought a top from them in 2017. It arrived no bother. 

I'm still not taking any responsibility if you never see the top 😉

😄😄

There just seems to be a lot of mass shirt sellers based in Ukraine and for a reason I don't know I find that odd.

Speaking of fakes, or replicas as they'd describe them, has anyone seen the Matchwinner Alloa shirts at https://dunnottar.scot/search.php?search_query=alloa&section=product?  Loved the white shirt when I was a kid but I remember the home shirt being a round neck and not a v neck.

22 hours ago, still_game said:

hi was wondering if someone could help me with a project im on. im working on alloas kits from 1980-2020, and im struggling to find any reference to their change colours yet alone an image of the kit. could anyone even point me in the direction of their change colours in the early to mid 80's?

thanks for the help, ive found the colours, never knew alloa played in all sky blue as change colours, but there you go.

• 2 weeks later...
Don’t think QP are full time, although they are money bags at the minute in the part-time game. Not sure about that rumour, seems strange with all going on to splash money on big money signings from leagues above. Would no doubt be a loss.
He's been offered a full time contract. I'm sure many of their players went full time with the change of status to professional.

He's been offered a full time contract. I'm sure many of their players went full time with the change of status to professional.

Can’t say I know enough about it. Risky business for Queens going full time, as well as Trouts so late on in his career. Not sure what he does outside of football.

Trouts is/was a driving instructor which is a precarious living at the best of times (I know, I was one myself) so no job/income in the short term. A couple of years FT football must be an attractive proposition for him at the moment. QP (if true) is a good option for him....believe he lives/works Rutherglen/Cambuslang area.

Edited by vespa

Aye, fair enough regarding Trouts and his job. Wouldn’t grudge him it although would be a slightly bitter taste to lose him to a club a few leagues below. In relation to the funding it, still risky at that level IMO with no guarantee of success or crowds.

18 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

Aye, fair enough regarding Trouts and his job. Wouldn’t grudge him it although would be a slightly bitter taste to lose him to a club a few leagues below. In relation to the funding it, still risky at that level IMO with no guarantee of success or crowds.

What i dont get is he will not be paid i presume till season starts /contracts signed . by that time driving lessons will be back on ?  but if thats what he wants fair enough  .

Would be delighted if this turned out to be right. Was brilliant for us first time round and has only gone on to get even better. Was top of my wishlist when it became apparent we'd be spending a couple of quid. 

In relation to the risk of spending, we're not in Gretna territory. Haughey is one of the richest people in Scotland and has a reputation as a serious businessman, as well as someone who does good work for great causes. He's not just some suspicious character appearing from nowhere. We've got a healthy bank balance even without his input to the playing side, due to the Hampden money and existing reserves.