The Alloa Athletic Thread

On 07/05/2021 at 12:56, FFC 1876 said:

Maybe depend on which league Cove end up in after the play offs. How does he compare to Ray Grant as from how you've described him he seems to be exactly how I'd say Grant was last season with Clyde.

Think it might, but if Grants your gaffer don't see Hetherington pairing up with him. Hetherington is far more experienced than Grant at a higher level. Grant may well be a division 1 player from what I witnessed.

Grant Jr got pelters, some justified, from us at Alloa. I don't enjoy saying this but the far larger and more demanding support at Falkirk would totally crucify him.  In their current predicament I don't think they'd be as patient and understanding as us.!

Edited by McCulloch No.5

44 minutes ago, mcqbez said:

Daily Record today said that Alloa were making moves for Stuart Petrie...

I never thought Petrie was likely for us as Montrose to Alloa doesn't feel like a significant enough step up, particularly when we're going to be in the same league. If it is the case that he doesn't want to go full-time though, as many have suggested, then you can make a case for it. He'd almost certainly have a better budget at Alloa and would be coming to a club with an excellent reputation for attracting the best part-time players, and also a bit closer to the main pool of players but still an easy enough commute for him. If he was to feel it was time for a change but he doesn't want full-time then it would make sense. I'd certainly be delighted if we could get him. Or maybe it's just the Record talking shite again. 

The other thing that makes me wonder is that if Andy Graham was the chosen one - something I'd also be happy with - then why wouldn't it be sorted already? 

51 minutes ago, mcqbez said:

Daily Record today said that Alloa were making moves for Stuart Petrie...

I don't think he would go to anything other than a full time team

not so much of a step up if we were to be honest, it would be good if it did happen though  .

I don't think Grahams getting it, he may not even have applied. If he was getting it I would have expected an announcement that most of the players would have re-signed. I'm guessing the reason we don't know who is staying or going is the wait for the new manager to make decisions.

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

I don't think he would go to anything other than a full time team

not so much of a step up if we were to be honest, it would be good if it did happen though  .

Think petrie has a decent job so unless it was worth him moving full time  then the alloa job might appeal to him, don't think the daily records far away though, it won't be Andy Graham he's re-signed as a player 

Think petrie has a decent job so unless it was worth him moving full time  then the alloa job might appeal to him, don't think the daily records far away though, it won't be Andy Graham he's re-signed as a player 

clubs throwing cash at it next season. 

Apparently Petrie has a decent job outside of football and is not keen to risk it on a short term full time gig in football management. I would also suggest that if true he may feel that he has taken Montrose as far as he possibly can and see the challenge of Alloa back to the championship as an great opportunity. Budgets I would suggest that we would be slightly bigger.

The other name being linked Is Price at Elgin which I would suggest is probably the same type of argument could be made for him coming for a bigger challenge.

Either way I would be more than happy with either appointed as manager, both have reasonable CV. Just hope it is very soon we announce them.

Regards AG I would love him to have been appointed but rumours are he feels that he’s not ready for this at this time In his career.

10 hours ago, Wee wasp said:

Spill the beans then.