The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The season's not even finished yet. Calm down ffs emoji38.png

Who invited you in here? Go and make better use of your time and find a picture that relates to a player still with your club, preferably in the right top as well!🤪

Who invited you in here? Go and make better use of your time and find a picture that relates to a player still with your club, preferably in the right top as well![emoji2957]
I'll love that man until my dying breath. I don't need him in a QoS jersey as I enjoyed him as a player as much as I did him being a QoS player 8)

So there!

9 hours ago, Waspie said:

Believe Covid travel restrictions have killed off a proposed Juan Calderon / Javier Payo double ticket and MM is going back to the drawing board. 

Utter stalwarts for Alloa. Look at their combined stats:

Games- 11

Goals- 2

Memories- a lifetime full

(Photos stolen from the brilliant AlloaStats twitter account)

20210520_000447.jpg

20210520_000026.jpg

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

Magnificent! I count myself fortunate indeed to have been present for both of those historic goals. Calderon with a beautiful cushioned header off a long throw IIRC. His finest contribution, alongside some eye watering tackles. Remember talking to Brian McColligan as he warmed up at Peterhead during Payo's debut and him saying they picked him up on the way up and basically knew nothing about the boy. Cue Payo picking up on a sclaffed clearance (from Paul Mathers I think) and rounding him to clinch the win and provoke a mini pitch invasion. 

Herve Ebanda and Giacomo Lonzi two other good options for the managerial position. 

Yeah it was Mathers who completely messed up the clearance at Peterhead. I remember Payo also had an excellent game in his home debut the following week when we beat the undefeated league leaders Morton. Played up front with Graeme Brown who actually thrived on having a presence alongside him instead of his usual chasing lost causes. Did all Broonys donkey work for him and Brown got a double in a 3 2 win.

That 06/07 season was weird. Kieren McAnespie was brilliant for us, and on our day we were excellent. That win over Morton, beating Ross County in the League Cup with 10 men for most of the game, and the 4 3 win at Stranraer after going down 3 0 early on. However, it was contrasted with some proper drubbings away from home from the Binos and Cowden in particular. Think Buchs nearly got the golden boot that season from his goals for Cowden against Alloa alone.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

18 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Yeah it was Mathers who completely messed up the clearance at Peterhead. I remember Payo also had an excellent game in his home debut the following week when we beat the undefeated league leaders Morton. Played up front with Graeme Brown who actually thrived on having a presence alongside him instead of his usual chasing lost causes. Did all Broonys donkey work for him and Brown got a double in a 3 2 win.

That 06/07 season was weird. Kieren McAnespie was brilliant for us, and on our day we were excellent. That win over Morton, beating Ross County in the League Cup with 10 men for most of the game, and the 4 3 win at Stranraer after going down 3 0 early on. However, it was contrasted with some proper drubbings away from home from the Binos and Cowden in particular. Think Buchs nearly got the golden boot that season from his goals for Cowden against Alloa alone.

The Binos game gave me the fear. Went into it in great form and looking to give the rent dodgers a doing. Then the bombscare that was Stuart Malcolm did his trademark last man foul in the first 5 minutes. When they went 4 up by halftime I was considering a change of job rather than go to work in Stirling again. Never has a 5-0 defeat felt fine by the end until then.

Edited by Tamhain

Some good memories there! The night of the 4-3 at Stranraer was peak Duffle Forum with folk losing the plot at 0-3 then absolute delight as it turned around. Must have been sensational for the few who made it down to Stair Park. Remember the Forthbank nightmare well too. At 0-3 after 15 minutes and down to 10 men it looked horrible. Binos missed a golden chance for revenge for the magnificent seven that day. 

Does seem strange to be re-signing and signing players when we have no manager but I'm happy to put my faith once more in Mike Mulraney. Perhaps Guido Van de Kamp is overseeing the signings from Holland before he can be officially unveiled as the new supremo.