The Alloa Athletic Thread

2 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

To be fair, most of their defenders in the squad played in the top league in Portugal, so its no real surprise. It was always a long shot.

I think his best chance came in the Sudan game. Had they scored that penalty he may been thrown on to flood the backline and see the game out. Unfortunately it was an absolute catalogue of errors and his chance probably disappeared after that.

If they had nothing to play for in final game he may also have got on, but with best placed third place teams also progressing, that was unlikely unless they were hammered in their first 2 games.

Yeah, I was hoping for them to end up going into the end of a game with a slender lead to defend, but it never came to pass. Plenty of other surprises at this tournament, but it wasn't to be for Guinea-Bissau.

Still, he's only 28. There's still time, if he can make himself available for friendlies and such.

4 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

To be fair, most of their defenders in the squad played in the top league in Portugal, so its no real surprise. It was always a long shot.

I think his best chance came in the Sudan game. Had they scored that penalty he may been thrown on to flood the backline and see the game out. Unfortunately it was an absolute catalogue of errors and his chance probably disappeared after that.

If they had nothing to play for in final game he may also have got on, but with best placed third place teams also progressing, that was unlikely unless they were hammered in their first 2 games.

Great experience for him nonetheless. 

I found out on twitter by chance via BM and a disgruntled fan that Trouts has been injured and has only trained twice recently

maybe info like that should be passed rather than by chance 

that is all i would look for .

4 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

There's a match programme for Saturday you can download for free on the website, plenty information in there.

yeah we know  but no info on injuries ect , would be nice to know some basics about the situation now and  then ,that's  all 

the Twitter argument i saw between someone and  BM would have been unnecessary if we were given some facts .

I don't know off the top of my head if it's in the programme, but the manager has mentioned injuries in the past week because Scougall was mentioned and his lack of training in recent times. I'm sure these comments have been on the website for a week.

Troutens made the bench in last few games. Again it goes back to what's been said before- I don't think naming a player on the bench and making public he's barely fit is a wise strategic move. If BF or his assistant want to declare it that's their prerogative but I certainly don't think they should be criticised for NOT declaring it.

3 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

yeah we know  but no info on injuries ect , would be nice to know some basics about the situation now and  then ,that's  all 

the Twitter argument i saw between someone and  BM would have been unnecessary if we were given some facts .

Celtic submitted a squad list for covid with 'player 1' to 'player 21.' (also of not they spelt their kit man as 'Hugh Hooligan' and had the game as Rangers vs Celtic 29.8.21)

It's a disadvantage for people to know who's likely to appear or not. Especially with a small squad that you can reliably guess our starting line-up.

Also I tend to discuss it with Kieren when we do commentary the issues  that have happened that week.  This week has been pretty straightforward as far as I know so should be full strength.

Just now, LeodhasXD said:

Celtic submitted a squad list for covid with 'player 1' to 'player 21.' (also of not they spelt their kit man as 'Hugh Hooligan' and had the game as Rangers vs Celtic 29.8.21)

It's a disadvantage for people to know who's likely to appear or not. Especially with a small squad that you can reliably guess our starting line-up.

Also I tend to discuss it with Kieren when we do commentary the issues  that have happened that week.  This week has been pretty straightforward as far as I know so should be full strength.

Thanks for the info , 

Just now, Vegetableman said:

Hospitality ?

Hospitality, covid vaccination status, general logistics.  

BBC came in, after not asking for any press access, we phoned them to check and we got 'we have the rights to 6 staff to attend' they all need to sit together. 

As you can imagine in a sellout fixture this is absolutely tearing the arse out of common courtesy.

3 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

BBC came in, after not asking for any press access, we phoned them to check and we got 'we have the rights to 6 staff to attend' they all need to sit together. 

As you can imagine in a sellout fixture this is absolutely tearing the arse out of common courtesy.

I was going to sponsor a match ball before the covid thing hit , is this coming back in its original format in any way ?  (if you don't know its not a problem ) 🙂

Keep calm, it will all work out.